“Very Tired”

Ranked #44 of 154 Hotels in Busan
Adelaide, Australia
“Very Tired”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Yes the views are amazing. But it is tired and I feel that I must have missed something reading the reviews and then booking. It isn't new or even close too. It was once called Hermes and most of the stationery still reflects this. Booked the "ondal" room by mistake which would have had us sleeping on dunas on the floor.... the lovely guy at reception (very limited english) jumped through hoops to give us a room with beds. The beds were comfy but the room was tired and smelt of cigarette smoke. It all had a dirty/grimey feel. Avoid the breakfast at all costs. Very expensive $77,000 won for 5 people and it was totally bare of any food.... We were all laughing at the ridiculous it was...We got wise and went down to Tom Toms and ate breakfast like kings for $34,000 won. Had the impression that they were really stuggling.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ACM40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Qld
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Well appointed hotel right on the beach at Busan. The room was a double-king with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach and the bridge just off the coast.

Everything was clean and comfortable, except for two items: the bedside light had a dodgy switch, and it switched on unexpectedly at 5 am. The shower had more nozzles than I've ever seen, but the water ran all over the floor as the floor didn't slope properly into the drain in the shower.

Staff were courteous and extremely helpful. Would have liked wifi in the room, but it's only available in the lobby. There was a cable for the laptop in the room, however.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times while in Busan on business and appreciate the closeness to the beach and beach parade for evening walks or jogging and the incredible view. Nice, large rooms on the top floors, decent restaurant, decent internet access.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank OysteinM123
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We traveled to Busan during Buddha's long weekend in May 2012. We booked a deluxe room and were pleasantly surprised when we got one on a high floor facing the ocean so the view was fantastic as the hotel is perfectly situated across the road from Gwangalli Beach.

Upon arrival, the reception staff were efficient and spoke English well enough so that checking in/out was hassle-free. The room itself was huge by Korean standards, comprising of a double bed and a king sized bed (both comfortable), plenty of sleeping room for 2 adults and a child. The bathroom was modern and included a bathtub which is not often found in Korea unless staying in an upmarket serviced apartment or hotel (erm....or love hotel).

The room did have a strong odour of cigarettes but it soon dissipated when we opened the windows for a little while. The room service was good, offering a selection of Western and Korean meals, definitely overpriced but then again most room service food is. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance as well as GS25/Family Mart stores dotted along the main drag.

Overall, the room was in good condition and serviced well, however as it was a national holiday weekend in Korea we paid more than what it was worth. Regardless, it was a nice stay and we would come back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 June 2012

booked 2 nights with Deluxe Double with Ocean View, as a good ending for my 9-day trip in kOrea.

Surprised of the whole scene of "Gwangalli Eobang Festival" from my room, the window is all glass!!! i LOVE it!! Enjoy the lively !!

For myself, who live next to another greatest bridge Tsing Ma Bridge in HONG KONG, shouldn't be excited about bridge & ocean view. But, it's WRONG. I am so in LOVE with Gwangan Bridge & Busan Ocean, the silk-like-sand beach, clean-and-clear seawater, I have so much fun with that!

room facilties are just simple, we have our own wifi which rent from airport, so, we have no problem about interneting, & the receiption is good in the room too.
but, still have things pissed me off, hotel only supply bodywash, for shampoo/conditioner/tooth brush/tooth paste are priced individually.
those few stairscase at the main entrance, i gotta dragged my suitcases up & down~ gosh !!

overall, i LOVE the environment, the room is so spacious, & sunrise-facing. wow, isn't that too lOvely?

Room Tip: Rooms with Ocean view are sunrise-facing. Adorable view in day and night. but no worry, because, y...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is the smallest room I have ever stayed in. Considering the good ratings that I saw here, I was very much surprised. I booked through Agoda, which provided the lowest price although still relatively high (111 USD per night without breakfast), but I ended in this tiny room smelling of cigarette smoke. Seeing my booking, the receptionist already forewarned me that I don't have a sea view, because that is another price category. And it was a room worth 60 USD a night or less. It had no cabinets and no safe! I had everything on the floor leading to an even more cramped space. The good points are that they have a flatscreen TV, a water boiler, a clean bathroom and wooden floors. But I don't need a hat rack... I need a cabinet with a safe and a fresh smelling room. Also, the bathroom amenities were weird. I could not find shampoo among them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I planned a trip to Busan and booked Homers Hotel based on the fabulous location reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor. The views of the Gwangan Bridge and the ocean are gorgeous from the rooms as they are all beach facing and very spacious. I booked a twin double room in which the amenities were pretty good.
Only hitch I had was that when I checked in the internet in the room was not working, no wi-fi and they had to change 2 rooms before I got a room where the internet was working intermittently which caused a delay of about 2 hours before I could finally rest after a late night flight. However they made it up by offering complimentary breakfast for the stay . The restaurant has a nice ambience and the food was good.
The area around the hotel is surrounded by numerous cafes and restaurants and convenience stores. The stretch of the beach is easily accessible from the Hotel was never too crowded and during the weekend there was a lot of activity on the promenade. The city bus tours start from across the hotel and taxis are easily available.
The staff at the reception was very helpful with giving out information about directions and writing down in Korean so that it was easy to get around the city.
Overall I had a fabulous stay and would recommend the Hotel to anyone traveling to Busan who wants to have a nice and quiet stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business