“Excellent Service”

Ranked #2 of 226 Speciality Lodging in Jeju
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is the best guesthouse that I've stayed so far for the 16 days in Korea.

Great room + Good service + Good location & Clean amendities.

Staffs are friendly and willing to go the extra miles to guide us to travel to the places that we wanted to visit.

Surrounded with lots of cafes & eateries.

Recommended to stay! Regretted that we only have 2 nights stay in this guesthouse in Jeju.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CinO128

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed 4 August 2013

+ Clean rooms
+ Good value
+ Good common room, with computers, books, chill out tables and cooking
+ generous cook your-own breakfast with a tonne of toast, eggs and orange juic
+ good location near bus terminals

+++ Helpful staff, especially the nice young man who helped us plan our trips around the island, advising on buses and opening times etc.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank G C
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked the hotel through Agoda.com in early May. However, the guesthouse contacted and asked me to cancel the hotel reservation through Agoda.com on my own without even lifting the 15 dollars cancellation fee because they were overbooked for the date I made a reservation.This seems to be extremely unprofessional. I have never even heard of such a practice.

Moreover, it took them 2 months to refund the fee I previously paid, not including the international transaction fee charged on my credit card, after I made more than 4 phone calls and 1 personal visit, and wrote them more than 4 emails. I doubt if they would have refunded me any of the money if I had not insisted so much. I am doubtful about their honesty, therefore, I don't recommend this guesthouse to others.

Additional tips:
Jeju also has many great-valued under-advertised yeogwans (motels), other than guesthouses advertised online. If you are travelling Jeju during the off-season (other than July and August), finding a budget motel room is very easy - we walked into one of the first motels we saw in Jeju city (of course, without a reservation) and found a clean and spacious motel room for 30000 won in June, 2013 (expect to pay between 30000 won to 50000 won, and be prepared to haggle - tell them "Kak-a-ju-se-you: please lower the price for me"). In general, motel rooms in Jeju, even if they may look shabby from outside, tend to be clean, comfortable, and importantly, far more spacious than guesthouses that are overpriced for their worth.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bfll
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

While my stay in Jeju I stayed in three different places, so in comparison with the other this place was ok, but really not that special.
It is true - it is clean and a very neat hostel in general, the communal area is very well - equipped.. I especially enjoyed the free tea and coffee, and the telly and games. Nice!
And also the staff was friendly, but I never spoke more than a few sentences with them.and I am afraid that You & I was still not a very cosy place. I felt like staying in a hostel, whereas in other places I felt like at home. Last but not the least - in spite of the large size or maybe due to that it is still quite difficult to meet others, because the common area is somewhat isolated from the whole thing - and the whole atmosphere is a bit cold and quiet. Additionally, there was also a problem with lockers in my room.
So all in all, good location, and everything is okay, but nothing that exceptional as people describe it. I would probably not go back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed there 6 nights in June 2013. It is really good place to stay. You can't have better location in Jeju-si. It's in the heart of the city just opposite the city hall, with streets full of restaurants, bars, clubs and shops. Bus terminal is just 10 minutes by walk, from when you can go to almost any place on the island.

Rooms are even better than on the pictures. Simple and clean. Bed was so comfortable. I highly recomend!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Agnieszka_Dankowska
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed there one night in May 2013. Great location, a few minutes walk to the bus stop which takes us to Jeju Olle trail number 1. Very clean, safe, quiet, spacious, well-decorated, nice atmosphere. There are two washing machines and a dryer. Lots of booklets on what to see and do in Jeju. The manager was very friendly and gave us directions to the bus stop. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gisele C
Malolos, Philippines
Reviewed 17 April 2013

You and I Guesthouse is highly recommended for those on budget trip to Jeju. The location is just perfect and is reasonable priced. You can easily locate the guesthouse, the leaflet found at the airport tells you exactly how to get there. Bus No. 500 Jeju City Hall stop that is, 3 minute walk from the bus stop is the hotel (opposite bus stop takes you back to the Airport with the same bus number)

We booked this guesthouse on our second day in Jeju so we can easily get to the airport when we return to Seoul the following day. As expected we are able to get into a bus going to the airport early in the morning.

We stayed in a twin room with private bathroom. The room size is okay, beddings are clean and there was a small towel provided (most of guesthouses in Korea i think provides small towels). The room and the bathroom is very clean. It appears to be a well kept guesthouse. The doors have automatic number lock system which they will assist you in configuring day 1. Soap and shampoo are provided in case you are not brand sensitive. There is even toothpaste.

Simple breakfast is provided at the basement consisting of bread, eggs plus choice of coffee, juices, tea or water. It was simple but filling especially if you just want to have something on your stomach before going out early in the morning.

I like that there are rules made within the guesthouse that are considerate to customers like the curfew, the noise which is prohibited along the way, etc. This way I felt more comfortable and safe staying in the guesthouse. The location is near lots of restaurants, groceries and other stuffs. I super like the location, no narrow alley and the environment feels safe (well Jeju appears to be a very safe place to roam around)

Wifi is free which is really a plus factor. No need to spend to get connected to the internet. Furthermore, The staff and the manager are helpful. They are always ready to provide suggestions and answer inquiries on touring around Jeju. They are friendly.

For the price of the room and with 'guesthouse' expectations, You and I is perfect. I really don't mind not having TV in the room since we just have to sleep anyway. I just think it's really challenging for someone with luggage to go to 3rd floor and up.

Overall, You and I is highly recommended. It's total value for money. I am recommending this guesthouse to friends :-)

Room Tip: Choose room at the lower floor if you have luggages.