“Great place to stay”
Review of You&I Guesthouse

You&I Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 265 Speciality Lodging in Jeju
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Love the cosy place. The beds are comfortable and clean.
The guesthouse is at a busy location thus not for those who wants quiet and peace. We enjoyed walking around the area as there are a lot of shops.
The staffs at the guesthouse are friendly and helpful. They even draw us a map so that we could walk to the cherry blossom festival.
I would stay at this guesthouse again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 March 2014

As advised in the email from the guesthouse, it is just a short trip from the airport. Taxi for Jeju City is just outside the arrival area, just queue up and show the driver the map sent by the hostel.

You & I is conveniently located near the main road where stores for facial products may be found, the bus stops, and food establishments around it.

Our room (203) was in the second floor so carrying our trolley baggage was quite a struggle. As it was still very cold in Jeju, floors were heated (so be careful of any chocolate purchases lying on the floor). We had a personal ref and a spacious ensuite bathroom. We didn't encounter any particular noise problems from the outside so we had a good night's sleep.
Our door is secured with our personal code.

Breakfast food is ample and you can always supplement it with any thing you may want to cook instantly (no milk in the fridge so had to buy it outside). The common room is clean and very spacious as is the cooking area. Wifi is good.

The staff were friendly and accommodating on anything we asked, from recommendations on where to eat black pig samgyupsal to writing down instructions for the taxi driver to a certain location.

We arranged a taxi driver for a tour for 2 days separately and was assisted by Sue to contact the driver for confirmation.

All in all, I give it a thumbs up :)

Room Tip: Ask for our room (203) on the second floor which is a twin room with ensuite and is quite comfy and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The location is good as the bus terminal is close by and connects you to other places well. There are plenty of eateries and some shopping surrounding the hostel. The hostel is great in the sense that you can make your own drinks, cook your food and lounge with the tv or computer. Our room was simple and clean, however getting wifi connection from the room was a struggle after the first night. Kudos to Sue who was helpful and good-humoured. He answered my every question with ease and sincerity. Give U & I Guesthouse a go!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was a great little guesthouse -- good value, clean and comfy beds, ensuite bathroom which was also very clean, excellent facilities including powder rooms, laundry, and fully equipped kitchen, breakfast included, very friendly staff, and good central location. The only problem with the location was that because it was so central and lively, it was very noisy. Every night, we could hear people outside yelling until after 3 am, which makes it hard to sleep if you're trying to wake up early for a hike the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is the best guesthouse that I've stayed so far for the 16 days in Korea.

Great room + Good service + Good location & Clean amendities.

Staffs are friendly and willing to go the extra miles to guide us to travel to the places that we wanted to visit.

Surrounded with lots of cafes & eateries.

Recommended to stay! Regretted that we only have 2 nights stay in this guesthouse in Jeju.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CinO128
Reviewed 4 August 2013

+ Clean rooms
+ Good value
+ Good common room, with computers, books, chill out tables and cooking
+ generous cook your-own breakfast with a tonne of toast, eggs and orange juic
+ good location near bus terminals

+++ Helpful staff, especially the nice young man who helped us plan our trips around the island, advising on buses and opening times etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank G C
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked the hotel through Agoda.com in early May. However, the guesthouse contacted and asked me to cancel the hotel reservation through Agoda.com on my own without even lifting the 15 dollars cancellation fee because they were overbooked for the date I made a reservation.This seems to be extremely unprofessional. I have never even heard of such a practice.

Moreover, it took them 2 months to refund the fee I previously paid, not including the international transaction fee charged on my credit card, after I made more than 4 phone calls and 1 personal visit, and wrote them more than 4 emails. I doubt if they would have refunded me any of the money if I had not insisted so much. I am doubtful about their honesty, therefore, I don't recommend this guesthouse to others.

Additional tips:
Jeju also has many great-valued under-advertised yeogwans (motels), other than guesthouses advertised online. If you are travelling Jeju during the off-season (other than July and August), finding a budget motel room is very easy - we walked into one of the first motels we saw in Jeju city (of course, without a reservation) and found a clean and spacious motel room for 30000 won in June, 2013 (expect to pay between 30000 won to 50000 won, and be prepared to haggle - tell them "Kak-a-ju-se-you: please lower the price for me"). In general, motel rooms in Jeju, even if they may look shabby from outside, tend to be clean, comfortable, and importantly, far more spacious than guesthouses that are overpriced for their worth.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple