“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dijon
Price range: US$25 - US$100
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have visited Dijon twice in the past over a period of living in Daegu for 8 years. I have to say that this visit was very disappointing. Firstly, the service is what I can only describe as 'clinical' in that it was extremely efficient but lacked any kind of warmth. Despite our politeness, we didn't get so much as a smile in service or on paying the bill and leaving.

Now for the food. We opted for Escargot to start which was perfectly acceptable as a creamy mushroom dish but was very much a hunt the snail exercise. My Chinese friend asked me where the snails were and I eventually managed to locate something that resembled one in the mix of cream and mushrooms. Definitely, not the French version that I have enjoyed elsewhere. This starter was 9000 Korean Won.

For the main course we chose lamb and sirloin steak with a wine jus ( 38,000 and 34,000 Korean Won). The quality of the steak was poor and I could hardly cut through it with a steak knife at points which may have been due to the fact that it was actually raw in parts (ordered medium). I tasted my friend's lamb and it was very tough and stringy. My steak was accompanied by a couple of vegetables one of which was a courgette with the stalk left on and quite clearly not prepared but just thrown on a griddle. I think that when charging a higher price, the venue should provide a higher quality product. Sadly, this was lacking.

The dessert was Tiramisu and quite delicious with a cherry sauce on the side. The best part of the meal.

Total cost for 2 = 127,000 Korean Won including wine.

I won't be going back again unless I hear that both the service and quality of food has improved. There are far more options now in the area and I think perhaps this restaurant is resting on it's laurels from a time where such choice didn't exist.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Simon T

Texas
“This is the best restaurant I have encountered besides the upper scale restaurants in the Busan hotels.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Three of us went. The waiters were happy to see us, efficient without being overbearing, and friendly! We will go again!

• Visited March 2012
Daegu
“Good for Daegu, Par for the Course everywhere else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

After years of hearing about the "famous" Dijon, I finally went with the wife for our anniversary and it was pretty ordinary. The food was just "ok", and the atmosphere is definitely lacking.

If you are looking for a place to get reasonably priced pasta then this is the place to go. If you are looking for a romantic dinner, go to Suseong Resort Area.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The closest you will get to a fine dining experience in Daegu. Great menu and wonderful food. The decor reminded me of a french bistro in Paris.

“Will Be Returning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Very delicious food. Nice atmosphere. I have been there many times and always find the staff to be helpful and the food to be well prepared. My parents from the USA and my children love it. Good food.