Hotel Interciti
Hotel ICC(Daejeon)
  • Restaurant
Stendal Hotel(Daejeon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotelfront deskkorean hotelsmen and womenincluded in my room ratecorner roomlarge selectionlots of restaurants within walking distancehot springsaverage hotelwestern breakfasthotel staffenglish speaking staffbed was comfortableclean roomsfree wififoot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Beware...due to energy conservation during the summer in Korea, most buildings have restricted A/C use unless the outside temperature gets above 85F! I stayed at the Interciti at the end of June, outside temp was about 83F, my room had no A/C and the temp in my room reached 88F! The staff provided a fan and opened my windows but no relief. The A/C in the room is controlled by the Front Desk, so trying to lower the temp using the in room thermostat is useless. Also, the beds are rock solid!! The floor is softer than the bed.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank 121212Shawn
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I can say that it was a good stay since we had no problems with checking in & out. The only reason why i gave this hotel 4 star is because we were 3 in the room but the bed was only good for 2 persons. they gave us 1 single bed and a double bed but the double bed looks like it was only for 1 person. But the room is big & clean & i love their breakfast! :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cha l
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed only one night at this hotel and left early morning.

Location wise, it is good as there are restaurants within walking distance.

Room wise - it is functional, expect quite a few amentities need to be purchased, so bring your own if you do not want to spend money on them.

Wifi was working fine with no issues.

Breakfast had a good selection. Overall, this hotel felt easy to stay in for a business person.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DorisChin
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at the Interciti for one week in mid October 2013 while in Daejeon on business. The staff were very courteous, capable and efficient (English was never a problem). The room was very clean and comfortable (large bed, linen duvet over a goose down comforter, and heavy goose down pillows. The bathroom was also very clean. The shower made a particularly positive impression with excellent water pressure and adjustable shower head height that easily accommodated me at 189cm (6'2") and could have gone higher. The breakfast buffet was also very good with a large selection of eastern and western options including a station to prepare omlets to order. WIFI was fast, reliable and included in the room rate.

Negatives included a bizarre climate control system where the control pad seemed to have some influence over the fan speed, but temperature was managed elsewhere. Fortunately, I could open two small windows, so this was not a significant issue. The closet only contained 6 hangers (and 2 had bathrobes on them when I arrived). Even after ditching the robes, 6 was not enough for shirts and suits. Also the breakfast buffet did not open until 7am which was a bit inconvenient since my meetings started early (6am seems more typical). One morning, the buffet was completely overrun by one or more large tour groups. It was picked clean (piranha-style) within ~30 minutes and I could not wait for the staff to recover. The lighting in the room was a bit dark which made it a little tough to work in the evenings. Finally, the shower praised above did have one small issue; the mounting bracket where one places the shower head was just a little loose. Not a problem for taking a shower, but the head would very slowly rotate forward under its own weight and eventually crash down to the floor. Since the head was normally picked up and set to the side by the cleaning staff, this reflects a possible communication issue between them and hotel maintenance. All are relatively minor. I would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank UN_Ed
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've spent 2 nights at this hotel. We have arrived early (11 AM). The lady at the reception has informed me that because of this, my room is not yet available, so I was asked to wait for one hour. This was not so convenient after a long day in the office followed by an overnight flight to Korea, so I've asked her to optimize something (it was hard to believe that there was no room available in a 20+ floors building). The lady mentioned that she is trying to help, and I received a new room in a few minutes. No help was provided with the luggage, not at the entrance nor afterwards.
The room had an average size, with a neutral view. The bed is really hard, it can be difficult to sleep for some. The bathroom was equipped with a bathtub, offering regular amenities (except shampoo, which is available in the room, but has a price tag on it - if found it ridiculous, but not a major inconvenience after all).
Breakfast buffet is good, with reasonable selection available. As expected, there is a chef available for ordering eggs (although the second morning he was simply not there for 30 minutes).
Overall I believe the hotel is slightly overpriced for what they are offering (although I cannot compare it to other local hotels). A big plus is the English-speaking staff, which may be hard to find in other places.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business