See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2015

This delightful B&B is in a small 'pension' village a few kilometres outside the city centre on the Bulguksa Temple road, but easily reached by taxi or no 700 bus (which runs direct from the KTX station). (Phone from the village bus stop, or ask a helpful shop keeper to phone, and Mr Park will pop down and pick you up.) The rooms are clean and bright with a quirky and cheery décor, mine was a good size and had a decked area outside. For a small additional charge Mrs Park serves up a simple breakfast. The village centre, 5 - 10 minutes walk or a short cycle down the road has a good selection of restaurants - my favourite was the duck barbeque place.
What makes the place special is the kindness and helpfulness of the hosts. Mrs Park speaks English, and her husband drove me to Bulguksa temple one day and to the start of one of the Namsan trails another and even lent me his hiking sticks. He also drove me to the KTX station when I left for a small charge (less than the taxi fare).
You need a bike or other transport to get around the sites in Gyeongju, so being a little out of town is no problem (as you can borrow bikes free from the pension) and this village is much nicer that the Expo site further out of town where all the posh hotels are situated.
For a friendly welcome this is a great little place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2015

My wife and I have just stayed at the Bellus Rose for 6 nights. For the service and friendliness of Mrs Park and her husband Mr Kung it would be difficult to beat. Very willing to assist and advise on excursions. Mr Kung often volunteered to take us to the temples etc and we would catch the bus back. The pension is out of the city but no matter, the short walk from the bus stop is invigorating and it takes. About 10 minutes to downtown. Lots of street markets and shopping. Room very comfortable and warm considering the temperature was nearly always below zero.
Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john s
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I was in gyeongju for only 2 nights and wanted to try a unique experience. So I decided to try this kind of accomodation which was a first to me. Also, I decided to book the korean style bedroom, which was very big, clean, with a kitsh and girly decoration. After spending 2 nights in a temple stay it was a perfect transition.
But the most important are the owners, that were super nice with me. They always ask if they can help, if we need a car ride to the bus station or something they kindly offer this service. I was really touched by their kindness and would go back there just to meet them

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2014

Mrs Park and her husband were exceptional in their service, all done with a smile and laugh. Made sure information regarding tourist areas and transport to and from was well understood. Plentiful restaurants down the road, easily walkable, although as it was extremely cold mrs Park would deliver us with her recommendation. Rooms are large, and decorations eclectic. Very comfortable and warm. Bulgaksa is a must see.

Room Tip: Choose room according to colour choice
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Bellus Rose Pension Hotel. About a month before going to Gyeongju, we emailed Bellus Rose for booking confirmation, received quick reply on the confirmation by Mrs Park. Mrs Park had been very helpful apart from providing excellent home like stay, she was the one who coordinated our 4 days 3 nights trip in Gyeongju. We had 3 surprises from Mrs Park, fetching us to hotel when we arrived, bringing us out from hotel everyday morning without fail, not to mention greeted by Mr and Mrs Park when we were out from the show at Gyeongju World Culture Expo Park at night. Mr and Mrs Park also offered to send us to the Singyeongju Station at 6am at a very reasonable cost on our last day. Thank you Mrs Park for the very early compliment breakfast. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay. Kamsahamida.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple