We just spent five nights in Gyeongju at the Momo-Jein guesthouse and we enjoyed it very much. We followed the walking directions given to us by the owner, and they were good. We walked from the bus station and found that the guesthouse was closer than we anticipated., which was a nice surprse. We were feeling adventurous so decided to sleep in the Ondol room and were quite comfortable. It felt much like camping out but without the mosquitoes and black flies! The guesthouse is a bit pricey, our most expensive accommodation in Korea, but it was well worth it for the following reasons:
1. The owner is wonderful and speaks very decent English. She is helpful beyond belief and always available to give you advice on buses, trains, schedules or whatever you need. We asked her for a chair for our room so that we didn't have to sit on the floor in the evening, and she was only too happy to accommodate.
2. The location is very central and within walking distance of many of the attractions that Gyeongju has to offer. It's also close to the post-office where most of the buses stop that take you to the outlying temples and parks. Local buses are inexpensive, and, as some of the trips are 45 minutes long, it's a great deal.
3. Breakfast is available in the kitchen and consists of coffee, tea, toast, jam, OJ and delicious homemade soup.
4. It's very clean, private, secure and quiet.
We would certainly recommend this guest house to anyone travelling to Gyeongju.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Guesthouse Momo-Jein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.