“Great service”

Hotel Concorde Gyeongju
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Gyeongju
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel two nights while touring through South Korea. I really want to rank them higher because the staff is so helpful and polite but the facilities do need an upgrade. Having said that I was very comfortable throughout my stay. My first impression walking into the hotel is there is a slight odor, almost the smell of an older hotel. This was not a problem for me. I really only noticed it the first time I entered. The rooms are furnished with an older style of furniture, and showing its age ( a few cracks etc) but again it did not impact my comfort. The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom did have some mold on the shower curtain and on the shower ceiling but was still clean. I must say it is quite unfortunate that this building has not been more well maintained. It overlooks a lake with a great view of the mountains. The staff responded to all my requests and was so helpful. It is a bit outside of the main part of town but the bus is right in front of the hotel and a taxi is always available if you prefer. I liked staying a bit out of the hustle and bustle (especially with my great mountain view!). Breakfast is included and had an ample selection of Korean and Western type food. Internet is included (not wireless) and is fast. Do remember to bring your own plug adapter. I just want to say while I do understand the need to maintain the facility, I had a very comfortable stay and would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Concorde Gyeongju

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week... overall, I was quite disappointed by what I got... The location of the hotel is really good and it covers a huge area as well... from outside it would look as if you are entering a really posh hotel... but hold on till you get to your room... No Maintenance at all... the rooms have a very odd smell... it looks very old, as if the management has never improved the interior after building this hotel...
Highly disappointed with the breakfast I got... didn't like the food at all & options were very limited... in fact 3rd day morning I wasn't able to get a cup of coffee during the breakfast... can you imagine not having a basic thing like coffee in a so called STAR hotel??
I would not be returning to this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Zahid H
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This hotel has potential with it's location. I was there two nights (27 and 28 SEP 2011) and found the bed comfortable. The room itself was on the 8th floor which I think they use for Western tourists. The lobby gives the impression of a nice property, but the room was as others have described -- poorly maintained and out of date. I used their wifi (ethernet cable available at the fromt desk - no wireless) without any problem. I was looking forward to using the pool, but it was drained. There are lots of great tourist sites in Gyeongju and the bus was near the hotel so it had that going for it. I would look for a different property were I to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TB_Paul
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Was there in July, 2011 for a few nights. Absolutely sad! Old, smelly, rooms with no coffee machines available, fridge old and half rusted, bathrooms falling apart, balconies with great views and NO FURNITURE, pool emptied and unusable ... half the lamps and wall electrical outlets not working ... threadbare carpets ... what else do you want? A veritable nightmare!!!! And overpriced and that! DO NOT go there!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Lively C
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed three days, and always had fun choices of things to do each day. But when I wanted to relax, and take in the natural beauty of Bosun lake, it was only steps from the hotel. I did leave the resort one night to see the Millenium Park and show, which I loved. The hotel decor is retro shabby-chic, but I didn't spend too much time inside, because of the activities, balcony and views. The room was clean and spacious, bed was comfortable and sheets were soft. The spring-water bath did wonders for my skin. I'm sure the free KTNO shuttle bus from Seoul will tempt me to escape the miserable Northern weather another time or two before year end.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marianne L
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Concorde for three nights in early July.
The property is dated and hasn't been renovated since the 1970s.
The rooms are dingy and damp, and my shower curtain was growing so much mold I couldn't see the plastic.

For the price it's not terrible, but I wouldn't recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Unlike other Korean hotels, this one did not have free water. There was no cofffee pot in the room, either. Tried to communicate with the desk by phone and in person about wanting hot water. No luck. Went to nearby convenience store to buy water. Upon return, found free bottled water dispenser of hot and cold water in the hall. Nice restaurant, free internet and hotel staff tried to be helpful but their English was very limited.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple