“Decent airport hotel”

Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Incheon
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent airport hotel”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

It was way past midnight and when we arrived at the Incheon airport. We were expecting some sort of directional signs pointing us to the pick-up point for Hotel Sevilla but realized that there were none. Thankfully, a helpful receptionist at the airport information counter helped us make a call to the hotel and a shuttle van pick-up was then arranged.

Due to the heavy snow that night, the shuttle took more than 30mins to arrive….and the commute to the hotel took a lot longer than we expected. But the delightful service at the hotel quickly warmed us up. The driver was very apologetic for the delay and the staff at the front desk quickly attended to our needs upon check-in. The room is very clean and tastefully decorated. Room rate doesn’t come with breakfast hence we decided to try the local restaurant opposite the hotel which serves traditional local breakfast. Location is strategic, just minutes walk to the metro station which brings us directly to the city in less than an hour.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I chose Sevilla Hotel as my transit hotel, for a night. I had an after midnight check it and an early morning flight out of Incheon, Korea. I called from the airport and a driver from the Hotel picked me up promptly. He was kind and helpful, and within 7 or 8 minutes we were there. I asked for a non-smoking floor, but since this is Korea, and it’s not a 5 star hotel, they didn’t have any non-smoking floors. Strike 1.
I booked a family room, which had two beds, however, it was tiny. There was a tiny fridge, a side stand/table with a kettle, and a TV. There was a tiny sink outside of the toilet which was separated from the floor shower by glass doors. Overall, it just seemed like a motel.
However, I was not expecting much more, since it is a low star rating. The front desk staff were really friendly, and this tiny hotel is just minutes away from the airport. It is also located in a new town area of Incheon airport, with plenty of restaurants, and convenience stores just outside of the hotel.
I probably wouldn’t stay here again, but I do recommend staying there if you need a close, clean transit hotel and you don’t want to spend more than $100.00--then this seems like a good deal. My family room was just over $100.00, and though a bit pricey for size of the room, nevertheless, it is clean and close to the airport, so might be just very convenient.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank shate
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 December 2011

My family only stayed for one night here as our flight from Singapore touched down at 10 pm and the flight to Jeju island next morning was 11.30 am.

Once clearing the custom, we approached the information desk with my hotel booking form and requested them to contact the hotel on our behalf for the hotel shuttle bus service. The service ladies spoke basic English. We proceeded to wait for the pick-up at EXIT No.7 on 3rd floor (Departure Level). We didn't wait for long and the ride to the hotel was about 10-15 min.

The pick-up & drop-off service from/to Incheon International Airport is complimentary and if you need a ride to Incheon Airport, advisable to inform the staff in advance.

The staff spoke limited English and it took a bit of efforts to request them to book a cab to transfer us to Gimpo Domestic Airport.

The room was small, just adequate with 2 beds and basic hotel necessities. Wifi available in the room as we can access Facebook from our handphones. Several restaurants were in sight outside the hotel and a 7-11 store was straight opposite the hotel.

The hotel is also located within walking distance to the Unseo AREX stop (A08), to Gimpo Airport Station (A05), an underground station within Gimpo Airport. Exit 1 : Gimpo Airport Domestic Terminal. If you have no kids in your travelling group, actually quite convenient to take the AREX train to Gimpo airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sillypie
San Jose, California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Last time I visited Korea I stayed at this hotel. Unlike most hotels, this one has a full restaurant in the basement level, preparing Korean versions of western-style foods. Not exactly great prices, but nice to just walk downstairs to grab a meal.

As most do in this area, free 24 hour airport shuttle to and from, helpful front desk staff, able to book deluxe rooms and good, priceworthy packages. Lots of places to eat nearby and lots of convenience stores all around the hotel. I didn't get a chance to explore much but I'm very comfortable in Korea and just wandered the streets looking at the shiny lights at night.

Rooms are comfortable, beds are firm, the elevator is reasonably speedy. Other readers have pointed out that this hotel is close to a subway stop, but I don't know if the Incheon lines all connect to Seoul Station and other areas yet. They were supposed to last time I heard. Check the maps online before you go. At Seoul Station you can pick up a small paper folding map of the subway station for free.

I traveled in August 2009, not August 2011.

Room Tip: Try booking on both booking.com or the hotel's website to see which gives you a better deal.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank busanio
london
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed here for one night on my way from Melbourne to Vancouver. This hotel was just what I needed after 11 and half hour flight. I booked the business package straight off the hotel website and received confirmation within 24 hours.

Arriving at Incheon Airport the information desk ( just ask at any information desks) called the hotel for me and in about 10 minutes the shuttle bus came and collected me. The hotel staff on arrival were very polite and friendly. They answered all my questions and brought my bags up to my room.

The room itself was pleasant. Not grand, but spacious enough not to feel like I was in a box. The room included: Wifi, a kettle, mugs, tea and coffee, flat screen TV, a minibar with two bottles of water. No wardrobe, but 2 or 3 hooks on the far wall where you could hang up clothes. The room was fairly stuffy, and I had to keep the aircon on all night as there is no other ventilation. TV channels included some English language channels, mostly Korean though. The remote control is all in Korean so be careful what button you press. There is a card explaining the basic buttons on the remote in English but the other buttons remain a mystery.

The bathroom was good. A super technical toilet, shower over bathtub/jacuzzi (didn't try this), sink and power plug. IT worked with my Australian based hairdryer, but can't remember the voltage requirements. The bed was big, though the mattress was very hard. Apparently this is common in Korea. But I did consider asking for extra blankets.. I didn't in the end as I fell asleep quite easily.

The business package included breakfast. I went down a bit later, and most of the hot food was gone. It seems they make a batch of food and first come first served, rather then it being replenished. That said, I was not looking for a big breakfast so between the toast, fruit ,cereal, coffee and other sweet bits and pieces on offer it was more than enough.They also had some Korean dishes but I didn't try them, so can't comment. There was a 7 eleven located straight opposite the hotel for any essentials and some Korean restaurants and cafes in the adjoining alley. I was only there for one day so didn't really explore more of the surrounding area. The shuttle bus back to the airport was quick and efficient.

For a one night stopover I found this hotel to be really pleasant. I would definitely stay here again if transiting through Korea.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
pasadena,ca
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I paid $85/nt from Expedia for this and will do it again. The location is perfect, right by Unseo subway stop (which is between Incheon & Gimpo airports). There are many (Korean) restaurants & bars close by, as well as many other hotels (also June hotel, which is OK). The bed is quite hard.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Sevilla: June 11,12, 2011

Our first experience was a responsive shuttle service with a most pleasant driver. The introductory exterior view of hotel was nondescript but once inside, we found the hotel was better than we expected. (We'd just come from 11 days in Seoul). The man at the front desk, Brian Kim, was most kind and helpful throughout our stay. Our room was big and clean.

The Sevilla is well located amongst several typical Korean restaurants as well as some western fare: fried chicken, hamburgers. Also sizeable grocery stores. Good bus service. ($2.50 fare to the new town of SongDo across the new 22 km bridge) Also free hotel shuttle to Inchon airport (probably the best airport in the world) if you want more options.

Firm beds, nice bathrooms. Room was quiet.

TV and super air-conditioner run by a remote - everything works but controlling buttons are not labeled or explained in a flyer, so good luck with that... We called the front desk several times and managed to get by...

Our room had a nice wooden floor - a new experience for us - we liked the cleanliness of no carpet. Needless to say, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple