“Back to hometown.”

Lazy Bird Guest House
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Back to hometown.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

After travelling five months in Asia (Korean and Thailand) I want to get some good rest (nearby the Incheon Airport) before my flight back. I was planning to stay here two nights but due to the delay I only could made it to one night. First of all they didn't make a problem about that.

Than about the Guesthouse, I see a lot of positive recommendations, which is to be honest more than truth.

A slept in a lot of Guest Houses this trip, but this one is the best, well it's more expensive than most of the other Guest Houses but before (and after) a long flight, it is more than worth.

When you enter ''Lazy Bird Guest House'' the music make you immediately in a good (relaxing) mood, also the Guest House is clean and have a good (big) common living room.

I booked the private room, which is a good choice. The dormitory rooms are also big enough, by the way.

I'm not sure about the location, soon I will go out for a good Korean Restaurant and a Shopping Mall, but the owners told me that it's only 5-10 minutes by foot.

Last but not least I was here two weeks ago and it was possible to keep a ''present-box'' here because I didn't want to take it to another country. They take care of it, really good.

Enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marnix88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked here because I was flying out of the airport early the next morning and wanted to stay somewhere close, clean and cheap. This place exceeded all expectations. The owner was very helpful, and picked me up from the subway and dropped me off at the airport for 5000 won. The place was sooo clean, and I got a free upgrade from a dorm to a single/private room. Thanks for that! There was a huge common room with a great tv and many other amenities. I wish I had more time to enjoy them. The whole place had a great and wonderful atmosphere. I'll definitely be booking here again for my next early flight.

Thanks!!

Room Tip: All rooms were good from what I saw :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paulyo83
Kilgore, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Leo and Hope will treat you with great fairness and care. They have a nice clean guesthouse.
I slept very soundly as the location is in a sleepy village area. It is a very peaceful atmosphere.
I hope I can return to see Leo and Hope and their two dogs. I felt like a member of their
extended family. The breakfast was nice, orange juice and toast with butter and strawberry
jam. If you want a nice, peaceful rest, you will love the Lazy Bird Guesthouse! The village
nearby(Angol, a ten minute walk) has nice restaurants, bars, cafes...etc. for fun and relaxation.

Room Tip: There are two single rooms on the first floor. You may need to share a bath, but it was always avai...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My friend and I booked a room at Lazy Bird Guesthouse because we had an early morning flight to Manila the next day. We got there earlier than check-in time so our room wasn't available yet, but we were warmly welcomed by Lio, one of the owners. The owners took their time to mingle with their guests and made sure they were comfortable and had everything they need.

Lazy Bird Guesthouse is very neat, cozy, quiet and homey (plus they have high speed internet - it'll make you want to stay in!). Pretty affordable rates, too. They sell snacks for 1,000 won each in the house, but offer a light breakfast for free. The guesthouse has a living room where you can watch TV, read books or just lounge around. You can also have your picture taken wearing the traditional hanbok (the owners collect polaroids of their guests wearing these costumes and hang these up in the living room).

If you wish to explore Incheon, there are bus stops outside the residential area (warning though: not all stops have English translations). There are some establishments (restaurants, supermarkets) nearby, as well. The nearest subway station, Unseo, takes 15 minutes by foot.

Would recommend this place to family and friends! If I had the chance, I would definitely come back here. :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Lazy Bird guesthouse is very ideal who those who have very early or very late flight since this is just one station away from the Incheon airport. You have two options to get to the guesthouse. One is by availing of their service for a minimal fee and another way is by taking a taxi in front of the Unseo station.

The guesthouse's design is something that I only see on television so I was kinda excited when I saw the "Lazy Bird Signage" right in front of the house. I felt so at peace upon setting my foot on the door of the Lazy Bird Guesthouse. It was so cozy and really homey. I find the cute stickers on the hallway and kitchen sweet too. Not to mention, Lazy Bird's overall architecture exudes so much charm and warmth that made me feel easier to make friends with the other guests.

The living room is a showcase of Korea's traditional wear, the "hanbok" which you can try for free. There are also bags, Korean socks and shoes to match your chosen hanbok so I really had a great time putting on the hanbok which was chosen by Li for me. Li is the very hospitable and friendly owner of the guesthouse who could communicate in English.

For snacks or drinks, you may opt to open the fridge and drop your payment in the basket beside it. You may also grab a burger at the Loteria restaurant nearby.

Overall, I had an excellent and comfortable stay at the Lazy Bird Guesthouse. I will defintwly bring my family here for my next visit to Korea.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kate J
Manila
Reviewed 24 November 2012

The Lazy Bird Guesthouse is a quiet little hostel situated in a quiet neighborhood a lazy ten-minute walk away from the Unseo subway station and a brisk ten-minute drive away from the Incheon International Airport. My wife and I stayed here the night before our flight out from Incheon headed back to Manila, and it was easily our favorite South Korean accommodation of our entire seven-day trip.

A caveat: when we stayed at the Lazy Bird, we were the only guests at the time. Assuming you'd like to stay in-house the entire duration of your trip, having to share the other facilities with other guests may prove discomfiting to guests seeking a little more privacy.

THE GUESTHOUSE. The charm of the Lazy Bird is in its detail. More house than hotel, there are many visual cues sure to delight guests: vegetable stickers on the kitchen's cupboards; little quotes on the bedroom walls; two large teddy bears with guitars... it was like a little Korean stationery come to life, and we were charmed beyond belief.

GUESTROOMS. Like mentioned earlier, the Lazy Bird is really more house than hotel, and it looks like one. Our room had a queen bed, warm blankets, a fan, and a small table, which, quite frankly, was pretty much all we needed for the eight-degree weather. It was cozy and comfy.

TOILET AND BATH. The first floor has one toilet and bath facility for the double-room occupants to share; the "dorm" room, which comes with three bunks beds, has its own private toilet facility. Toiletries are provided, as are towels, which may be a little small for larger guests. In the eight-degree weather, the heater wasn't as hot as some would like, but we were happy enough. The second floor toilet and bath offers a big bathtub for guests to use.

LIVING ROOM. We had the guesthouse all to ourselves, and we really enjoyed the living room. Aside from a large television - which we didn't use - the living room also has a plush sofa, a guitar, several books, and a selection of hanboks (traditional Korean clothes) that guests may try on and take souvenir photos of themselves in. There is a small CD player and a simple selection of CDs to set the mood of the place. There is also a refrigerator and small bar from which guests may take noodles or drinks for snacks. Guests are expected to abide by an "Honesty Policy"; there is an open basket into which guests may place money for the snacks they take.

My wife fell asleep on the sofa while I surfed the Internet on my Samsung S3, using the hotel's free WIFI; with the quiet piano music in the background, the cold Korean autumn weather, and the comfortable pillows on the floor, it was a much-needed respite from the hustle and bustle of modern-day life.

KITCHEN. You may buy food from outside and cook it in the kitchen. The owners expect guests to clean up after themselves, and provide all the kitchen facilities to make it happen. Breakfast - Korean bread, jam, and butter - is also served. Frankly, all the hotels we stayed at in Korea offered this type of breakfast. Don't expect a buffet for the price.)

SERVICE. Guesthouse owner Yu Inho - he calls himself Lio - was a friendly and accommodating man who lives in the Lazy Bird when guests stay in; his wife and he operate another guesthouse also in Incheon. Because we had a lot of luggage, he fetched us from the Unseo subway station and drove us to the Lazy Bird; he also drove us to the airport for KW5,000 (approximately US$5).

LOCATION. We didn't realize how close the guesthouse actually was to the Unseo subway station, and once we found out, we were thrilled by its proximity to the general downtown area. It is a ten-minute walk down a lovely path with trees turned orange by autumn, to "downtown." Our part of Incheon may not offer much in terms of general entertainment, but there is a Lotteria (one of Korea's favorite fast-food chains), a Lotte Mart (their Wal-Mart), and several Korean restaurants, bars, and convenience stores that will easily meet the gastronomic needs of transient travelers looking to spend the night before leaving for their next destination.

CLEANLINESS. Facilities were generally clean. We loved the smiling toilet! ("I love your poop!" It almost seemed to be saying.) The bathtub upstairs was a little grimy (as if it hadn't been cleaned after it was most recently used). The outside of the guesthouse could have also been maintained a bit better, but the general area of the neighborhood is currently in development (other houses were being built nearby).

VALUE: We paid KW60,000 (approx US$60) for the one night we stayed at the Lazy Bird. We were more than okay with that.

On paper, it would look like the Lazy Bird isn't all that. But there was just SOMETHING about this South Korean guest house that made our stay magical. Coming from the hustle and bustle of Seoul, the peace and quiet offered by this place was just what we needed. The Deens would definitely recommend the Lazy Bird for transient guests looking for a place to stay in Incheon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheDeensOnline
Austin, TX
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This is a house operated like a hostel, with one private room and a dorm room with bunk beds. The owners live on site, and speak adequate Engilsh (but no Japanese). The house itself is only about a year old so everything is sparkling. There's a large common area, an open kitchen, and a garden. it's about a 20-minute walk from Unseo Station, and the pictures on the website show turn-by-turn directions -- super helpful. (The website was a little confusing about whether to take the bus or the train from the airport; we took the train, and that's what I recommend.) The guesthouse also offers airport pickup service for only w5000 (US $4.50). (That's the total for your group, not per-person.)

It's a house, so it's in a residential area, which is very quiet. It's a short walk to "downtown", which is quite small. If you're looking for sights, attractions, or nightlife, you'll be taking a train to Bucheon or Seoul, which are actually quite far. I think central Seoul is about an hour and a half away, not counting the 15-minute walk to Incheon station.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple