Best Western Incheon Royal Hotel
HolidayInn.com
US$65
US$57
Agoda.com
All reviewsairport hotelspoke good englishone nightnice hotelshuttle bussubwayfurnituresaunakeyicntransit
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Reception was helpful and spoke good English
The room was barely OK with furniture that is a bit old but held well. Bathroom fixtures have signs of aging, chrome finish was gone off the fixtures and faucet was leaking. Carpet definitely deserves a shampoo. The old CRT TV was never cleaned it had black stain from the hands that have been all over it.
No WIFI but free cable internet. Speed varied depending on time of the day. Breakfast has a decent variety, not much for Europeans except for coffee and some pastry, the rest is regional food.
The hotel has a fitness center which is not common in Asia. It opened for what I consider late, 7AM, but that seems to be the rule in Asia for everything including breakfast area. Several restaurants in the area. One night is OK. Because I was staying for a few day I moved to a more star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank fbc22
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Spent a night in this hotel and the experience was just ok. We checked in early, before 12, subject to availability. The receptionists were helpful in assisting us with our needs. The lady receptionist speaks very good English and helped us with the direction to the nearest subway (Ganseogogeori Station). It is a 3 minutes walk from the hotel and it cost us 2,000 won one way. We took the train to Seoul (1 hour journey) and got a rebate of 500 won when we returned our one way ticket to a feeder's machine at the station. We bought 2 one way tickets instead of a return ticket to Seoul as we were unsure where our feet take us :) Take exit 3 at Ganseogogeori Station to return to the hotel.
Another incident at the hotel was when we were unable to unlock the door to our room. We got the staff to help us and he did it with a smile. He taught us the technique to turn the key as the doors still use the old-way to unlock it (key) :-)
Breakfast was a variety of hot and cold dishes. The only flaw during our stay was when we discovered that the toilet seat was stained with urine from perhaps the previous occupant and the hotel does not provide bath towel but face and hand towel for environmental purposes. Toiletries are available as few hotels or resorts in Korea do not provide disposable toiletries to protect the environment.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Hello - Born and raised in Korea and from America, my sister and I recently travelled to Korea to visit family. My husband found this hotel through Internet searching, primarily the Agoda travel site. The pics looked great, and the location, price, all looked like what would work for us. We were going to stay here for 4 or 5 days while visiting my brother, before heading into Seoul and to stay with other family members.
When we got to our room, we were shocked beyond belief! Keep in mind that this was not a "dupe the foreigner" kind of thing; we both speak Korean flawlessly. This room was akin to a crack house or maybe a squalor to support a prostitution ring or something. I could not believe what greeted us behind the room door. The entire room was NOT out of the same website that we saw! The entire place was "old." Everything in the room was old. The carpets were dirty. I am 5'2" tall and was able to touch the ceiling on my tip-toes, and there were 2 holes IN THE CEILING PANELS just inside the door! There were 2 or 3 holes, quite literally, in the bathroom. big enough for a rat to shimmy in and out of. The refrigerator was some 30 year old dinky thing that was barely cool.
We immediately called my brother, and we got out of there. But, not before his wife gave the desk crew the 3rd degree.
I am going to try and contact the hotel directly, and tell them, how dare they lure unsuspecting customers, travellers into their establishment, by showing photos of the hotel rooms that are a far cry from reality. I felt unsafe in that room, in that hotel, and there would be NO WAY that I would EVER - ever - risk staying in that hell hole.

Kindest,

P. Thompson

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank DocPacNW
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I stayed at the Royal coutersy of Korean Air. I was really shocked to find that they were putting transit passangers in this hotel. It's 50 minutes away (with no traffic late at night) and on the mainland in the port town of Incheon. Nowhere near the airport even though they share the same name. The hotel is in a central location if you actually want to be in Incheon town so probably not bad if you have time to explore. It seems to be popular for it's function rooms but apart from that everything else was unnotable. The room was clean but dated and smelled of stale smoke. Staff that met us at the airport and at reception were friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2008

I stoped here on a business trip, and The hotel provided everything it needed to.

The rooms are clean and well kept, as are the public spaces in the hotel.

The breakfast was fresh with a mix of Oriental and european.

The room had internet access and international news on the TV.

Overall I had no complaints and I would go back if I have to visit Incheon again

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Marc H