Little France Hotel
US$283
US$191
US$77
US$74
Hotel Tong Jeju(Seogwipo)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$35
US$274
US$242
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Its abit tricky to reach the hotel but once familiar its easy to find. Take bus 600 from jeju airport and stop at new kyungnam hotel. Cross the road and walk towards right (opp direction from the G25 convenient store). You'll see Tae Gong Gak Inn & Guesthouse. Turn right into the small road and walk till the end. You'll see the hotel in front of you.

We stayed in modern room in second floor for 3 days. Although the staff know limited English but they are friendly. The room is big and comfort. Just that you need to wait open the tap and wait for the water to be heated up. The rokm also come with high speed wifi.

There is the olle market within 5mins walking distance. You can get nice and cheap foods over there. You can get jeju famous orange at a good price too (if you're at the roght season). Lots of restaurants, convenient stores and also coffee shops around. So no need worry about foods.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is in a good central location near a lot of eateries and convenience stores, so it is safe to walk about at night. The hotel also has a carpark that is free for guest use. I liked that the hotel had a choice of different types of rooms with varying rates. My fiancé and I stayed in the oriental room on the third floor and it was better than expected for the price we paid. So I would say this hotel is good value for money.

The room was clean and wifi was available in the rooms. The fridge in the room was also restocked with free bottled water daily. The only complaint we had about the room was that it was rather dimly lit. As for the toilets, they provided toiletries in big bottles so you are free to use as much as you want. However the bar soaps looked a little dirty and used so we avoided them. We had no problems with the small towels they provided even though we would have preferred larger bathing towels.

The major complaint we have is the service of the counter staff. I'm not sure if they understood English, but they seemed rather unhelpful. For example, when we asked the guy on the evening shift at the counter how to make local calls from our room, he said he did not know and that's that. On another occasion when we asked him to translate a conversation we had with our car rental company, he also seemed unwilling to help. It was very frustrating talking to him.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I really like the name of the hotel - Little France Hotel and the concept behind the hotel of having four different themes - modern, traditional, royal and classic. It is a challenge to find the hotel if you ate there the first time.

You just need to take bus 600 and alight at New Kyeongnam Hotel and walk uphill about 250 meters and turn left on the second lane. If you are lost look for the big hotel beside it "Hotel Ocean Palace" that should be easy enough.

Please bring your own towels. I read from one of the tripadvisor forumer's tip and I totally forgot. They only provide four small towels which is totally not enough, especially for me because I am big-sized. Get a towel from shops nearby if you forgot. But better to bring one because we arrived quite late and many shops were closed by then.

The good - room size was big, many TV channels with English programs, there are many eateries nearby so it is easy to get good Korean food and some breakfast. Hotel Ocean Palace is just nearby so if you are going on day-trips the tour agency may ask you to wait over there.

The not-so-good - the male concierge/receptionist that takes the evening shift is not friendly. And he is also not so helpful. There was once I smiled at him and said "hi" he actually took two steps back.
I don't know if he is afraid that I will ask him to help me. And when I wanted to ask him about some amenities nearby, he just pointed out to the left and said "taxi" or "walk". I think maybe he doesn't understands lot of English but if he just tries to help I think that's okay for me.

Tip is if you want to ask questions, ask the guy that's taking the morning shift. In contrast, he actually initiated a smile to me in the morning and he moved forward to ask if I needed help. Good for him. But it's just that in the morning I arranged for day-trips so there's not much I need from him, it's in the evening when we need to shop and eat dinner that I need help.

Another not-so-good thing is that the room - royal classic - is too dark. Some lights were not working and half way through the stay - one of the two lights in the bathroom stopped working.

Location is convenient to eateries but you have to walk 10-15 minutes if you want to go to the Olle Market "Arcado" for some grocery buying. And it is a 1 hour 20 minutes bus ride to the city area.

Gist is, if you are looking for an affordable hotel - $100-120, at a less
convenient location, with a relatively clean and large room. You will be happy with Little France Hotel. But if you are looking for a hotel that is more conveniently located, you are better off staying at hotels near the airport area, which has more eateries and shopping.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed in a royal classic double which is on the top floor, so a good view. Big modern bathroom (the rest felt a touch dated), and great range of tv channels, wifi in room too. No breakfast.

It's close to the foreshore, roughly between the two water falls with the Airport limousine bus a few minutes walk away. Lots of great eating options options nearby (good coffee chain next to the 7-11 a few meters from hotel) and the local inter-city bus terminal about 5 minutes walk up the street (at the round about).

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jmpow2
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I like the location because its near the bus stop and ticketing office and hole in the wall coffee shops. :) It is also walking distance to other attractions like the waterfalls, market etc. You get to meet a lot of backpackers passing by.

Surrounded by a lot of good restaurants. Lift is always working. They always clean our room, linens, fresh towels, coffee and water everyday. I like our room, since it has a good view, facing the church.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo