“Good experience for a one off”
Review of Seogwipo Submarine

Seogwipo Submarine
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Seogwipo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 25 June 2013

As other people have said it's not that exciting - the sub only goes down about 40 meters and bobs about a bit, but there were a lot of different fish and the diver swimming outside the sub window was gimmicky but entertaining. Not something you'd do again but worth the experience. Would be great with kids tho.

Also when I went the whole tour was in Korean and I was the only English person - so I didn't actually understand anything, but the staff were very friendly and came and got me and put me at the front of the sub so I had a great view! You get a free photo of you standing next to the sub too which was a nice little extra.

1  Thank Katie W

Reviewed 6 June 2013

It was quite interesting going into the submarine for the first time but that's what it is - just a once in a lifetime experience. Didn't really get to see that much fish other than the ones the diver lured over with food... You can pretty much say it's a commercial attraction with Chinese tourists occupying more than half the space on board. Not that big a disappointment but I am definitely getting that diving license in the near future!

1  Thank dana_zincy
Reviewed 24 April 2013

They take you out to the sub on a boat, where you climb aboard and take a seat next to a round window. It is like an underwater bus ride. On our trip, the sub went virtually straight down and then came back up again, it hardly drove around, if at all. When submerged a diver (who has probably been holding on the sub as it goes down) swims past the windows enticing fish with food - so you do get to see some good fish. The sub also stops next to bit of sea-wall and switches its lights on, so you can see some small fish and plants. If you have never seen the underwater world, or fancy just going in a sub for the experience then it is worth it. At the end of the journey they give you a certificate with a photograph. On the way back on the boat, they played "Gangnam Style" over the PA and we fed seagulls that chased the boat!

2  Thank Pidge335
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The adventure of going under water in a submarine is the thrill. However, the submarine literally just drops 40 metres down and comes up again, you don't actually go anywhere! The diver entices all the local fish with shrimps, so you do get a view of fish and some plants, but as the title says, not a lot happens. A compere is chatting in Korean the whole time, and the Koreans found him to be very funny. The ship wreck was hardly visible.

2  Thank vindusvasken
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We had originally booked some diving but this was cancelled at short notice due to lack of boat permits. I thought a trip on the submarine would at least give us some idea of the underwater world in the area.
I thought it was very good value for money. For £30 we had a one hour trip. Transfer to submarine was via a boat, once on the sub, we really did go to 40 metres which was impressive. We got free photos at the end of the trip. I'd recommend this submarine tour!

3  Thank purplevonny