The staff was very courteous and respectful.
The rooms: They are decorated like a kindergarten class room with splashes of paint on the walls and small sized furniture with red drawers, definitely not appealing or pleasing to look at. The bathrooms were nice with a fancy european toilet and the shower had good water pressure and a comfortable shower head. The mini bar was not well stocked and way overpriced. Due to how foggy this place is I would recommend not spending money on an ocean view since you wont be able to see anything on most days. Besides, if you have been to Hawaii, the Caribbean, or anywhere else then you will be deeply disappointed with the ocean view in Korea. If you plan to nap between during the day you better bring some earplugs because the floors are not carpeted and the walls are thin. You can hear the maids on the floor above stopping around while cleaning other rooms. Also, due to the design of the hotel the sound from the performers in the lobby bar is heard clearly on weekend evenings and the kids at the indoor pool are heard during the day inside your room.
The Restaurants: Although this hotel claims to have multiple restaurants, they all share the same menu with some very minor variations and the prices are ludicrous. We did really like the pumpkin soup, the club sandwich, and the breakfast.
The Casino: Totally obsolete and the only people that go to this casino are tourists with little or no knowledge or strategy making easy for you to lose money quickly in Blackjack or other games. You are better off going to the casino at the Lotte which has more experienced players and up to date equipment. The drinks were also horribly made with cheap liquor.
The property: The location is good. The outdoor pool is not heated and not very clean. We saw plenty of debris from the surrounding vegetation in there. The pool bar was never open. There are two beaches you can access on either side of the hotel but again if you have been to Hawaii or anywhere else then you will be deeply disappointed with Korea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Jungmun Resort Complex, the hotel overlooks and has direct access to Jungmun Beach. Close to all tourist attractions, the hotel is a five-minutes drive to the Jeju International Convention Centre and the Jungmun Golf Club.Accomodation - 223 spacious guestrooms and suitesMeeting & Event Space - The hotel has 665m2 of flexible event space with two meeting rooms accomodating up to 400 guests. Alternative outdoor venues offer 3,697m2 of space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jeju reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jeju Hotel Seogwipo
- Hyatt Regency Seogwipo
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Jeju
- Hyatt Jeju City
- Hyatt Regency Jeju Seogwipo, Jeju Island