“Excellent Stay”

Memory In Jeju Pension
Ranked #54 of 181 Seogwipo B&B and Inns
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

me and my hubby had a great time during our stay in memory in Jehu.

Friendly owner and peaceful surrounding.

We stayed in Ondol room. Very Clean, spacious, complete kitchen utensils / equipment and nice bathroom.

Overall: we loved our stay here :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jah_ninja
memoryjeju, 오너 at Memory In Jeju Pension, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Hi. jah_ninja

This is Darcy from memory in Jeju.
Thank you very much for your nice review.
I talked to your husband about everything and I did not have much chance to talk to you.
I remember you were here without any clothes for cold weather.

I hope you enjoyed your stay and Thanks again for comments on my place.

Good luck to you and your husband.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had a wonderful time staying in this Pension, if not the most relaxing and peaceful few days in my stay in South Korea.

I wanted to have a completely peaceful holiday in Jeju where I get to see nature and wonderful scenery. The view from my room is simply breathtaking scenery of nature and sea. Sitting outside in the garden seeing a peaceful view while I have my daily breakfast is always a perfect start of my day. Visiting an orange orchard behind the apartments is also a new experience.

Darcy is a wonderful host who was able to help arrange transportation very early in the morning when I wanted to go the Seongpanak trail to hike up the peak of Hallasan. He also arrange for a day trip with a taxi driver to take me to the eastern part of Jeju-do. He is always generous in providing recommendations on where to go depending on my interests. He is such a great help!

The room is spacious and very clean. It is very cozy and appealing. The kitchen had everything I needed to be able to cook meals (if i am not out in the middle of Seogwipo experiencing a delicious Korean meal). The bed is very comfortable. Im very particular with bathrooms and often, in my stay at hotels, I often ask for a room change because I do not like the look of the bathroom but, the bathroom is great! Its clean and comforting, not like the hospital like atmosphere that most hotels have.

I loved my stay here in Memory in Jeju. I will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hi. Ellah

This is Darcy from Memory In Jeju.
How have you been lately?
What a Breathtakingly Nice Review!!
And thank you again for coming back to my place in Dec.
I should prepare very warm welcome for you.

Thank you very much for your comments. I think it is much more exaggerated than it is. hahaha
I am very pleased you like everything in my place.
How is your knees? Still painful?
I think you should find very nice flat tracking course in Dec to protect your knees.

Thanks again and I will see you in Dec.

Take care.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It is not very accessible. You have to have a car to move in and out daily.
It is in the middle where the attractions are west and east of this place. The best part is really that the biggest e-mart is just 5 mins drive away. But the food court there has not much choices of food if you like to eat well.
You have to drive about 15-20 mins east or west to get good food and to see the attractions and waterfalls.
The reception is pretty curt - not rude but just not warm as expected of a pension. Additional charges for an extra piece of mattress. No cleaning until at 3rd day of stay without changing towels.
It is not suitable if you have older people in your group as they have to climb to the 2nd storey to your bedroom. To leave them in the living hall to sleep on mattresses was not ideal. So we chose the wrong place to test out Korean Pension living style. The fault is ours. Staying in a hotel around Jungman area would have been better for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
memoryjeju, 오너 at Memory In Jeju Pension, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Hi. Esther.

This is Darcy from Memory in Jeju.
How was your trip back home?

Thank your for the comment on my place at booking.com and here.
It is pity you did not like my place. We felt so sorry for you.

We change towels and does cleaning upon your request as we are pension where you hire whole house.
I am sorry that I checked your friend about cleaning after 2 nights stay. I should have checked earlier.

The extra charge was for your another family member.
The max no of people in our duplex type room is 4.
However you here with extra person whithout any notice.
I supplied extra bedding for your extra person and that was the extra chrage for.
I hope you understand the extra charge. It is same in almost place in Korean pension.

I remember that you did not like my house as it is 2nd storey house(duplex type).
But that was the room you made reservation through Booking.com.
We did not know your family members had difficulties with going up stairs.
If you mentioned on your special request, We would have let you know you have to change your room type or other places.
And our place was fully booked during your stay which made us not possble to change your room type.
We are sorry that We should have offered you comportable stay with my best.

Thank you again for your stay at my place and also for your reviews on the web.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have totally no complaints about the pension. clean, spacious, comfortable, quiet. highly recommended.

you'll really need a car to get around though, but its close to emart so we bought everything there and cooked in the pension.

darcy was a lil cold initially - i thought he was rather unfriendly as compared to all the other bnb owners we've met all over the world but he gets better day by day? Speaks a lil more with us over time. Having said this, he's helpful when we ask him questions regarding jeju or if we need help in the pension to get things up and running.

contactable via kakao and facebook so that helps a lot cause communication and booking was a breeze!

Room Tip: duplex was great! even for a couple like us.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Missyjacq
Hi~ Jacqueline Koay

How is everything is Singapore? I am sorry for the late reply on your review.
Thank you very much for the review.^^
And also it is great you like the house while you were here.

So I was little cold to you? haha. I didn't mean to.
I do tell people where to go, what to do only when people ask because there are some people who gets commissions from the place they introduce.
This in one of the reason I do not tell people about the schedules.

Anyway, Say hello to your bf for me please^^
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed there 3 nights during our first visit to Jeju Do. We rented a car at the airport with GPS but still it took us a while to find the correct address. The pension is located in the middle of Seogwipo and Jung men and is close to emart seogwipo. The place itself looks beautiful and peaceful with an extraordinary view to the sea. In the room is equiped a kitchen corner which is quite useful for family travelling with small kids. In general, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this lovely pension. However its highly sugested to rent a car coz you will be scared when walking back in the night, there is no lighting on the road.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Wei W
Hi Wei Wang.
How have you been lately?
This is Darcy from Memory in Jeju.
Thank you for your nice review on my place.
It is great that you enjoyed your stay in Jeju with my apartment.
Thank you again for your comments.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 August 2013

my family and i stayed at Memory in Jeju Pension for 3 nights. We rent a car at the airport and though it had GPS, we still had a difficult time to figure out how to use it as it's in Korean. lastly, we had to ask Darcy (home owner) for help. thanks Darcy for coming to lead us to his place.
Memory in Jeju Pension is a quiet and peaceful place. we arrived at the place in the evening. the first thing i noticed was homeowner's dog and his nice garden, as well as the soft music in the garden, feel like home.
we stayed in two houses and the washroom on the second floor is really big. i like the wood floor in the house, simple but neat decoration. The location of Memory in Jeju Pension is convenient. somehow it's like located in the middle of Jeju and so, it doesnt take that long to drive to tourist spots. there is a E-mart nearby and we loved it as not all family members liked the local dishes served in most restaurants in Jeju. so, we cooked simple dishes at the Pension. the house is spacious enough for us to gather, watching TV and eat togather.
the surrounding environment is nice. my sister and i went jogging in the morning. the weather was not that good during our visit. however, on the last day we stayed there, the sky was clear and finally we could see the sea from the pension. there is a small, private area in front of each house, and it should be nice for friends or family to sit there and chat.
Darcy (home owner) speaks good English, freindly and helpful. if there is any quiestion about his place, just email him and he will respond to you as soon as possible.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank hk_kit
memoryjeju, 오너 at Memory In Jeju Pension, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Hi Kit

How is HK? Thank you for the nice review.
Yes.. you were here with Korean GPS. That was challenging for sure.
I am very happy you & your family liked my place.
I should have helped more.... but I was quite busy as it was very peak season here.
I hoped you have good memories of Jeju even you had difficulties in communication with local people.
My dogs wll be happy to hear your hello.
Thank you very much again.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

jeju is the place to go for fresh, clean air! memory pension is the place to stay for au-natural jeju experience!

Darcy (home owner) is the best homeowner in korea i've met. he speaks fluent english and recommends great places to go!

to get around jeju/memory pension, i strongly recommend everyone to rent a car for convenience. for those travelling without car, you can take airport limousine bus 600 (4,500won; 1hr ride) to seogwipo Emart then a cab (7,000won; 8mins) to memory pension. Do bring along memory pension's contact info...jeju cab drivers are generally friendly and would call Darcy for directions if needed.

2 pax and we booked room type 15. the place is true to photos posted on their website! exactly how it looks, cozy and spacious with great scenary and au-natural surroundings.

during check-in, Darcy checked if we had jeju maps or places to go. knowing that we travelled without a car and the inconvenience of getting around east of jeju for tourist attractions, he assisted to arrange a cab. very helpful host!

evenings at memory pension are beautiful when the lights lit up. romantic feel and couples could enjoy a stroll around the pension area.

all in all, memories in jeju :)

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank JudithKristen
memoryjeju, 오너 at Memory In Jeju Pension, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hello Judith Lim

How have you been lately? Did you fly back safe to Baijing?
Thank you very much for such a nice review.

It was very nice experience to meet you guys to understand your culture and Chinese culture as well.
I hope you have great woking experiences in China and hoply see you some time around in somewhere.

Thanks for the review again.

ps. How come you pay 8000won from Emart to my place. It is about 4000won ㅜㅜ.