“Nice hotel but a bit remote”

The Suites Hotel Jeju
Ranked #8 of 85 Hotels in Seogwipo
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice hotel but a bit remote”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We like this hotel though without a car, the transportation would be quite tough. It is quite a distance to walk to any restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if you do not wish to dine at the hotel's restaurant. Our rooms are decent, clean, impressed with the huge and super clear Samsung LCD TVs.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank thomas88k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Sepang, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Suites Hotel when I attended a conference at ICC. We totally enjoyed our stay at this beautiful island. Since Jeju has strict condition on international driving licence, we were not able to rent a car. However, since the hotel is conveniently located, we were able to walk to the many attractions. The bus service is also very reliable. We are thinking of coming back with our children.

Room Tip: I especially appreciate the quietness of the room and hotel surroundings
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NurMarini
Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a disappointing property. Like many in the Seogwipo area, it is outrageously expensive. Not just the rooms, but the on-site services - food, entertainments, etc. I met many guests who resort to walking 10 minutes up the road to Starbucks or 7-11 to get groceries, thereby knocking 90% off their food bills! The hotel may call itself "suites" but this is misleading - the rooms are not suites. They are ordinary rooms. Not particularly large or special. The bathroom has a bathtub + shower (not rainforest) with a fixed height that is rather low - hair washing requires bending over. There is no armchair to relax in in the room. The bed is OK - maybe quite hard for those used to soft beds. The wifi Internet is free but abysmally slow and unreliable. Frequent drops. At 33000 won, breakfast is expensive. Unless you plan to eat a lot, it hardly seems worthwhile.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TempleofPeace
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I am glad I picked this hotel. It was just the perfect hotel for my stay in Jeju Island. It is beautiful with so many flowers and palm trees. The location in Jungmun was perfect for most of my “must see” places in Jeju. The rooms are good, the beds comfortable, views from my room are lovely and the restaurants in the hotel are great. I was able to walk to the Teddy Bear museum, Cheonjeyeon Falls, ALIVE museum, and "Ripley’s Believe it or not" from this hotel.
The customer service is simply amazing. My luggage was picked up before I could blink. The gentleman that picked up my luggage addressed me by my name even before I got into the hotel, and the reception. How did he know my name? My only guess is that he must have quickly looked at my luggage tags. Nevertheless, that is what I call good customer service. The staff spoke fluent English, and assisted me in getting a very wonderful tour guide/taxi driver for my tour around the Island. One of the assistant managers look time to look at my tour itinerary, and gave me more information and recommendations on where to visit. His recommendations were awesome. Names and directions in Hangul? No problem!! The staff at this hotel reminded me that what truly makes a big difference in a hotel stay is the quality of the customer service. I had a great stay here and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank FabGlobetrotter03
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Even if the summer season had not begun, this was a nice experience. The personnel was very friendly and ready to help at all occasions. For example, when I complained at breakfast that the coffee was very weak the personnel brought me a cup of stong coffee that they had prepared especially for me. Otherwise the breakfast was very good with plenty of dishes to choose from. Also the hotel restaurant was a nice surprice. We could enjoy good pasta or pizza dishes and listen to and watch music concerts on a big screen.
As mentioned in other reviews, the location was really perfect with good bus connections. Also the beach can be reached by walking 20 to 30 min.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kjell N
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 May 2013

At this location, between hotels like Lotte and Shilla, it deserves certainly a look. I had a congress between April 13 and 19, 2013, organised at the Lotte, which was really too expensive for my budget. Price is still high, but ratio value / price is good. Room is ok, even if black tea (as already mentioned in another review) is not available (even if you ask for at the reception, while well available in a small shop not too far). Well situated too on the airport limousine bus line. Laundry service of good quality and efficient. Breakfast expensive, and above all of low availability. Official operating times are 07:00 - 10:00. If you come at 09:45, even on Sundays, thinking that there is still time to have something to eat, entry will be denied (as often the case in Korea - substract always 0:30).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Didier D
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Location: Convenient & easy driving distance to major attractions & local dining options located in south Jeju-do.
Staff: Two female employees at the reception desk spoke & understood English very well. One was helpful in recommending local pork bbq restaurants & wrote the name in Hangul for us so we could read the signs as well as called the restaurant to provide us with the correct phone number to input into our GPS. Another young lady walked out to the car with us and helped to set up the GPS for another location we wanted to get to.
Room: I requested a quiet room on the highest floor away from the elevator and street. We had a very nice & comfortable standard double room with a small balcony facing the garden. Even without the use of AC, we slept very well.
Food: We did not eat any meals in the hotel because we wanted to try different local cuisine.
Value: Great quality room and excellent service without the price tag of the Shilla and Lotte Hotels.
NOTE:
-No AC...summer only. My husband is a light sleeper, so this can be a problem if there’s outside noise. Fortunately it was cool & there wasn't too much outside noise to bother him.
-Other than the hotels, there aren’t any restaurants nearby to get a substantial Western breakfast. The Starbuck’s across from the Teddy Bear Museum inside the Jungmun Resort Complex doesn’t open until 8:30am. Like other Starbuck’s they will toast a bagel or heat up a refrigerated burrito for you.

Room Tip: For light sleepers: Request a quiet room located on a high floor that's away from outside dist...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple