“Very Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Preston, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Decided to go out for tea midweek and plumped for here. On arrival told we had to wait 20 minutes for a table, why I don't know. There were loads of people waiting and loads of tables free! If this were to happen in England you would probably be offered a drink while you wait, but there was no evidence of an actual bar area at all which felt a bit like waiting for a bus. Anyway we were eventually given a table, which are all in booths. Now to some people that's fine, but I couldn't help feeling a bit cut off. The booths were so high you couldn't see what was going on in the restaurant, but perhaps that's me just being nosy! Couldn't make my mind up for ages but eventually went for a Mexican Steak which came with corn on the cob dried radish, the free water as usual and complimentary dish of pickled cabbage, which is common here, which was lovely. It also included a very small bowl of either corn or mushroom soup. We opted for the corn which was nice if a little thick for my taste. Just thought it was strange that no other starters were offered or chips or veg My steak was done to perfection, but too big for my appetite. It came in at 39 Woo, which I think is equivalent to $39 so not the cheapest meal I've ever had, and no chips or potatoes or rice, which had to be ordered separately. Hubby had ribs and chips, which he also said were nice. Overall it was nice, pleasant, but wouldnt rush to go back mainly because of the layout. I felt really cut off from everything. Average overall

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
“Average Steaks only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had dinner here on a Friday evening in April 2014. I particularly was looking forward to this as it would be my first outing to the Outback restaurants and I was seriously craving a steak. I knew not to get my hopes up!

Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed by my steak. Tough, and underloved during the cooking process It wasn't the meat I was disappointed in, but the taste. Despite being chewy to the bite, all it required was decent seasoning, and a good flame to cook it. The steak was only warm when it got to our table, overcooked, dry and tough.

The salads were good, the breads at the start was the best thing really.

For what we paid (30000 won per main meal), I unfortunately would have rather gone to my local Bulgogi for a BBQ.

Sorry guys. Don't visit if you want steak,

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Big Boys Appetizers...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great place to dine, was very busy with locals on both nights that I ate here with about a 10minute wait for a table.

Western menu with some Korean influence for sure.

You expect that appetizers are generally an introduction to a main meal.... Not here the Australian fries with cheese were a meal on their own.

Great range of steaks & salads with the staff are very helpful.

Reasonably priced.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Paul M
Houston, Texas
“Good try, but not the same”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Local co-workers were excited to take me (an American) here. Thin steaks, so getting a good medium was impossible. No bloomin' onion? (there was some bloomin' mushroom, but not the same). Good effort to recreate the noise and atmosphere of an American restaurant, but I'd stick with local joints.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A Korean version of an American chain of pseudo-Australian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is an american owned chain. It is NOT australian food, there are none of these restaurants in Australia. There was no australian beer on the menu, one unknown australian white wine (mostly Chillean) and one red. The dishes were named with australian places or terminology.

However - the food was ok. I had a steak and shrimp and it was nicely cooked to order. Service was very slow and inaccurate with incorrect dishes and drinks delivered. It was also overpriced. The equivalent meal costs the same in an innercity high end restaurant, and is about US$17 in the US.

Visited May 2013