“Amazing view, great food and a great view”

DiyaSisila Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Bentota
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic and clean place on river Bentota. We can arrange amazing dinner, lunch or tea party (max. 4 persons.) on catamaran on the river, with candles. Our boat man will take you around Dedduwa lake and lagoon. We organize business parties and birthday parties - maximum 20 pax. We prepare village tour - tour + lunch (the best Sri Lanka Rice and Curry) 20 € and bicycle riding.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was one of the few exceptional restaurant experiences in Bentota - the prices for the seafood are a little high but this place is so lovely and peaceful, you don't really care. The owner, Nandhan, was a great host and even arranged for us to have our photos taken! There is a table on the far end which looks over the lake - which was absolutely beautiful! You can also arrange catamaran rides into the lake in the evening to watch the sunset. There was a terrible storm on the night that we visited but the staff were so helpful in getting us transport back as well - I would surely recommend this place if you visit Bentota.

1  Thank meeravijayann
There are newer reviews for DiyaSisila Restaurant

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We ate at Restaurant Diya Sisila on the 27th October and the 28th October  it was only a few minutes by Tut tut from the Bentota beach hotel (100 rupees)so we didn't book we were met by the owner and his wife and seated near the kitchen, as we hadn't phoned in advance. I asked what was seafood available and were recommended Prawns which was fine by us, we left it to our host to cook two different dishes one with garlic butter and the other was his choice.
We had a lovely salad with dressing and poppadoms  to start.Our prawns came with the best rice I've had in years,my prawns were butterflied and cooked in a curry sauce (the best I've ever tasted ) an explosion of flavours cloves,cinnamon,cardamom,etc.We Finished with a surprised dessert from our host of  ice cream and chopped fresh mangos (picked perfectly ripe).We were also given as we say one for the road ,two glasses of Whiskey.We chatted and ordered Chicken Curry & Wild Boar Curry (giving time to prepare and marinade)for the following day as we had enjoyed our meal so much ?
We were not disappointed with our choice they were as good as the day before.
The owner is an excellent host & Chef .I recommend you call in advance to arrange your evening as everything is bought and prepared daily.

If your in Bentota all I can say is eat here at least once and I hope that you enjoy your meal as much as we did.

1  Thank Roy508
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Most reviews seem to focus on how friendly and charming the host is. He is both these things

Importantly though he can also source seafood and cook it. We had a delicious tranche of perfectly cooked white fish and succulent prawns. The sauce with the fish was amazing, the prawns wonderfully sweet

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had the most amazing meal here. Make sure you visit - a little off the beaten track but worth it. The restaurant is in a beautiful setting overlooking the lake. We had some very tasty wild boar to start and then some divine garlic prawns that were so fresh. The ice cream after was yum!
The owner/chef and his wife were excellent hosts and we sat with them after for some local arack.
Make sure to go here for at least 1 meal during your stay. You won't be disappointed

1  Thank Eva S
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We arrived being the only ones there. The owner came straight out and shook your hands. I said I would like to sit under one of their pagodas he said not a good idea it's going to rain. So we sat under cover. I had wine and my husband had ginger beer. We were waiting for the menu when the owner came out and said what would you like, whatever you want I will cook it for you. I ordered chicken curry and my husband had prawn. While it was being cooked the heavens opened and it threw it down. We moved closer and closer in until we ended up in a room outside the kitchen. The food was out of this world. They were so hospitable they kept filling my glass up. After we had eaten we got chatting to the owner and he said he would like to cook us a real Sri Lankan dinner. If we get the tuk tuk driver to give him a ring it will give him time to organise things. It's defiantly a place to go. So reasonable 3300 rupees, he didn't charge for our drinks.

1  Thank MaidenheadBridge