“Romantic place by the lake”

DiyaSisila Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Bentota
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic and clean place on Deduwa lake .from the beach we are 2,5 km . We have the best seefood dish .and seefood .our Manu evry limited option. One day you try .next day you will come Again. We do have pary to cros the lacke.with lunch or dinner . (max. 4 persons.) on on the river, with candles. Our boat man will take you around Dedduwa lake and lagoon. We organize business parties and birthday parties . This not very big resturent . We have 7 table .no big staf. No big croud . My Idiya for relax life and good food. For every one who come to bentota. Fast day you can try my main manu.and next day you can do your reqwest like .expl. you like rice and cury or nice readsnapper.. I am the person to do that as a best a friesh.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had an excellent dinner here. If you book the table ask the romantic pavillion by the lake. The smile of the personnel is so welcoming, charming and natural. We had shrimps and fish, both where well prepare and not over cooked, which is so often problem in Asia. White wine was excellent and decent priced. Really excellent experience.

Tuk tuk drivers are saying its far away, but it takes only 7-10 minutes from Bentota.
As we had such a nice dinner we desided to return for next day for curry. It was the best curry our 2 weeks tour, it's fresh cooked. it's an authentic mom/mama cooking of the wife of the owner.

This is truely the best restaurant in Bentota, we checked most of them.

Timo

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Not much food to choose from on the menu but the prawns we had were the tastiest prawns we have ever eaten. Only two members of staff and so very friendly. The food was served to us quicker here than other restaurants where they had more staff.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Its my second review, everytime im in my home country I go to Betota just to eat at this place. This time I had to write again simply because the chef has out done himself again. We get all sorts of seafood here in Hong Kong and the locals love freshness, but this right here is hands down the best western style seafood meal you will have

The fish steak was cooked to perfection, fluffy and full of flavour. The meal was good we had 4 main courses to share between 2. All of it was perfect.

Its the care he takes with each dish, everything was perfection, even the carrots were done perfectly

He should be on TV, on radio on anything to show the world how to cook like him. Truly a talented maestro of the seafood

The only bad thing I have to say is that his food is so good it makes the 2nd place look so average in comparison and I had both one after the other

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went there following the Tripadvisor Tip. It's a very nice place, if you can eat in the table above the lake it's perfect and very romantic.
We have eaten lobster. Was very good, but we had to wait 1 hour for it.
We went there with a boat combining the river-safari with Diya Sisilia. We went with Chan (+94 77 9821312), a very nice men and cheep to do river-safari, fishing, and Adan's pick excursion . You can find him in the middle of Bentota Brigde over Bentota's river

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We saw the review on TripAdvisor and decided to go and have dinner at this place.
This place is really nice with only 6 tables all outside dining so make a reservation if you are going. The owner/chef came to the table and introduced himself and explained that everything is made for each individual. He made my daughter some really nice deep fried squid with home made french fries and my wife and I both had the Sri Lanka'n shrimp. ...out of this world. No wonder why they are rated #1. Will recommend everybody to try it out.