“Wonderful”
Review of Casa Siena

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bentota
Casa Siena
Ranked #17 of 63 Bentota B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a lovely stay in Errol's house. I had originally enquired at Shangri-Lanka but they were full and put me in touch with Errol. I was very glad they did. Errol really is a great guy and really knows how to be a host. He was incredibly welcoming and provided us with lime juice on arrival and helped us with our cases.

The house itself is spectacular, with beautifully decorated rooms and a gorgeous pool in the garden where you can spend hours just relaxing. We actually preferred it here to the beach, although the beach is beautiful and just at the end of the garden.

The breakfasts were fantastic and we really loved Errol's special spicy eggs which we had for each of our three breakfasts.

I had originally been slightly worried about two things when I booked. The first was the lack of air conditioning and the second was the train running through the garden as, being 6 months pregnant, I was very keen on sleeping. If I'm honest, I would have preferred to have air con and to do without the train, but on balance, I am still very glad I stayed here and I wouldn't have wanted to stay someone else to fulfil these requirements. I also believe that the heat would have been a lot easier had I not been pregnant and a decent pair of earplugs will sufficiently dull the train noise for those bothered by it.

One of the things I loved the most was that Errol would serve afternoon tea in the garden each day with cake and fruit. This was really pleasant, especially when he would sit and chat with us. Errol is great to talk to and makes you feel really at home. He is very intelligent and worldly and really was a pleasure to spend time with.

Errol is currently considering selling the property, but I selfishly really hope he changes his mind! - Go while you still can, this is a really special and romantic place and you will be hard pushed to find anywhere else like it.

- I can also recommend The Villa restaurant a few properties down at paradise villa. It's not the cheapest, but the food is excellent. - We also tried Canal Villa next door and sadly had one of the worst meals we have ever been served. (see my restaurant review of these for details).

Room Tip: The super luxury room is right near the train track so not for those who dislike the noise. I liked...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wise1London

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here completely by chance as there was a mix up with the hotel we planned to stay at. I must say were completely amazed. This is one of the very best beach hotels ever. The decor and art is distinctive and interesting. It has an amazing pool and the garden is spectacular and goes down to the beach. Errol is a fabulous host - the breakfast was excellent and he was kind enough to prepare a Sri-Lankan curry one evening. Karo works amazingly hard to keep everything beautiful in the garden and rooms. If you are planning a trip to Sri-Lanka you simply must stay here. We loved it so much we did a detour to make a return visit before we left. Thanks so much Errol !!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toldham001
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We spent the last few days of our honeymoon at Casa Siena and it was the perfect way to finish our holiday. Errol was the most brilliant host and went out of his way to make it a special and relaxing stay for us.

The room was very clean, comfortable and private. The pool area was fantastic for sunbathing and lounging around during the day (one of the days we didn't move from there at all!). The beach is just a stone's through from the hotel. Breakfast was great, with wonderful fresh fruit and Errol's speacial eggs which we couldn't get enough of.

We didn't do much as we just wanted to relax and take it easy but we did take a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride to the local town which was fun to explore on market day.

I highly recommend Casa Siena and would definitely go back if we go to Sri Lanka again.

Thanks Errol for being a wonderful host.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We are a Norwegian couple that was on our third trip to Sri Lanka but our first time to Bentota. We are always looking for small charming places and we selected Casa Siena which seemed to be just what we were looking for. And we found a peaceful lovely little boutique hotel with very clean nice rooms and a wonderful pool area. A really perfect place to relax. And the hotel is very close to the beach (3 minutes). They do not offer lunch or dinner but that is not a problem since there are a lot of different alternatives very close to the hotel. A very good breakfast is included. Erroll, the owner, offers state of art service and we were treated like a king and queen during our stay here. We spent five lovely days here in January 2014. Recommended!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to spend the night here at Casa Siena! Great private boutique rooms! The pool is gorgeous and you cross the train tracks and are right on the beautiful beach! They don't serve lunch or dinner, but do a wonderful breakfast and you can ask for a pot of tea to be served in the afternoon of you wish.
You must check out the turtle sanctuary just down the beach 100m at 'Wunderbar'- around 8pm you can release baby turtles into the sea and give a donation if you wish.

On thing I thought was a bit off was all the moth balls used in the bathroom- it is a horrible smell and not necessary! It gets in the towels and ends up smelling like a nursing home- I hope the manager can find something else to make a nice smell, because moth balls are definitely not the answer.

Other than that- we would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

What an amazing place to stay. Comfortable and airy elegant rooms, thoughtfully designed. Relaxing terrace and swimming pool. Beautiful garden with frangipani trees and calm ponds running down towards the beach. Delightful friendly service from the lovely Errol and his team and of course a super breakfast and afternoon tea! Thanks so much Errol, we will be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2013

our stay in Casa Siena was amazing. the setting is ideal and fully of character. the owner and his team were delightfully and charming. the best bit has to be the owners sri lankan style scrambled eggs! the pool, rooms, and outside areas were elegant and stylish. the only thing would be the air conditioning but apart from that it was wonderful!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family