“Nice gardens”

Bentota Beach by Cinnamon
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Bentota
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We came here for our honeymoon and we were a bit disappointed that we had to wait over an hour to check in an ended up with a disabled room and two single beds. The resort itself was beautiful with luscious gardens, a nice pool and plenty of activities. There was a very bug Muslim population staying at this resort. The buffet dinners were pretty good with a wide selection of food and different themes each night. Other than the initial hiccup it was a good stay. Lucky it was our final destination in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
PramukshiKariyawasam, Public Relations at Bentota Beach by Cinnamon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at our Hotel. We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused initially due to our Hotel being fully booked on the day of your arrival and hence not being able to provide your room by the usual check-in time. We are constantly reviewing and improving our efficiency and service offerings and will certainly ensure that we offer a better experience to you upon your return. We eagerly look forward to having you with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights after a week travelling Sri Lanka. Rooms were lovely and the pool and gardens are amazing. We just had breakfast included but get there early as the buffet gets a bit busy.
We ate in the hotel 2 nights. If you like buffets and everyone pushing for food then it's fine! The restaurant away from the buffet was nice but too quite as we were only ones there as mist people go for all inclusive buffet.
Get a tuk tuk and get out if the hotel for dinner. Amazing restaurants nearby with top quality seafood and great service

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at our Bentota Beach Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We eagerly look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we loved it , fantastic food , wonderful staff ( Sunny at the pool bar). that's his name not the weather and all staff very friendly and in general . Security very good and felt really safe inside . We booked through Kuoni as an all inclusive package which was managed very well from start to finish. In all a very good experiance and would recomend this hotel to others .
Nigel & Debbie Marks .

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank nigelmarks
PramukshiKariyawasam, Public Relations at Bentota Beach by Cinnamon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Bentota Beach Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We eagerly look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Within walk able distance from everything which is imp in the city . The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable, the internet connection was perfect, and the service here is absolutely flawless Would happily return here. Beach is clean and worth exploring espcially in the night .

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
PramukshiKariyawasam, Public Relations at Bentota Beach by Cinnamon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Bentota Beach Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Whilst thanking you for sharing your positive feedback we eagerly look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked 2 rooms just for a night. We all got there around 1.15 they said rooms are not ready till 2 that's fine my little getting restless by then however I went to reception at 2 hoping rooms are ready I couldn't believe when they said it's not ready. I wasn't happy at all got my room 15 minutes later my parents room after 50 minutes room was mopped but not dried no spoons for coffee when I checked out ask if I had used 2 pringles which wasn't in the mini bar at all. Food was great nice pool but would I wanna go back to this place when I have so many choices in bentota beruwela ahungalla area I don't think so

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 0saliya
PramukshiKariyawasam, Public Relations at Bentota Beach by Cinnamon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at our Hotel. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
On the said day, we did face an overbooking situation, and were hence unable to provide the rooms by the required time. We will certainly take more precautions to ensure that guests are offered rooms by the standard check-in time.
We sincerely hope that you will return to our Hotel in the near future and experience our hospitality at its finest.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Being half Sri Lankan, I'm a frequent visitor to Sri Lanka and often stay at hotels where I know someone who works there (for obvious reasons). On my last visit, this practice brought me and my extended family to Bentota Beach Hotel for 3 nights, my first visit to the hotel. Over the years (many before the days of tripadvisor so no accompanying reviews), I've racked up my fair share of stays at beach hotels in Sri Lanka in Tangalle, Hikkaduwa, Mount Lavinia, Ahungalla, the list goes on. Bentota Beach Hotel seems to be a bit of an institution among my family given that it's been around for ages, so I was expecting something a bit old and dusty.

In actual fact, while the hotel isn't the most modern hotel of all time, I was surprised to find it is clean, well maintained, has a beautiful entrance (with a stunning ceiling and a wonderful smell) and is generally a lovely place to stay.

Our rooms were clean and comfortable, spacious, nice bathroom and generally of a good standard. The pool is awesome, I love how it has smooth rocks around the side and in the middle - I'm not describing it very well, but they're great spots to just perch on whilst in the pool. We got roped into an aqua aerobics session by the 'animator' - I really didn't want to, but he saw my mother and aunt and they are easy targets for a personable young man such as he. You can't fault his enthusiasm and it's worth noting that they run activities like aqua aerobics if you're looking for that sort of thing (also bingo, and some live music in the bar/lounge area, which I was also roped into - but surprisingly there were a lot of people present for the evening entertainment!).

Some activities more up my street were the watersports (on the river, shame it's not out in the ocean but the water is quite rough at times), which we all did. The jet ski was great, as was the giant ringo thing (can't remember what they called it). A bit expensive for what seemed like quite short rides, but so much fun. We also went on a river boat ride which was great for all the family.

The food was consistently excellent, with different themes every night (my favourite was the Indian night, the guy making the naan breads was my favourite, the various dishes he was making on each of the 3 nights was excellent, shame I didn't catch his name). Desserts weren't amazing but I could usually find one out of the array that I liked. Staff in the restaurant and around the hotel were lovely and provided great service.

The couple of points which stand out as lacking for me:
-The outdoor bar was a bit dead so it took a while to get served when there was no bar tender around. There were a lot of ants behind the bar, which I know is sometimes unavoidable but it's quite off-putting when they're marching like an army around the pineapple juice which probably should have been in the fridge.
-The beach at Bentota is not my personal favourite, I much prefer Hikkaduwa. When we stayed, it was too rough to swim in. That said, the beach is clean and quiet with not as many touts as some other beaches in Sri Lanka.

I would say it is comparable to other beach hotels I've stayed at in SL - it is exceeded by a few other exceptional hotels that I've stayed in, but if you're looking for hotel in Bentota, I would definitely consider this one.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RanjiJ
PramukshiKariyawasam, Public Relations at Bentota Beach by Cinnamon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Bentota Beach Hotel.
Anticipating and full-filing your requirements are what we do best at Bentota Beach Hotel.
We were delighted to read your well detailed review on Trip Advisor.
It’s our pleasure to share your compliments to the entire team and positive comments such as yours which acts as a great source of motivation to all of us. Thank you once again for your compliments and recommendations and hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to Bentota Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Lovely place to stay. The rooms were amazing, service was really good and the food.. ohh the food was just delicious!

Love to spend more time here in the future. Highly recommend the hotel. One of the best places we stayed at!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Bentota Beach Hotel.
It is wonderful to hear we were able to meet your expectations and deliver the calm and comfort you expected.
It was our pleasure hosting you at Bentota Beach Hotel and we sincerely hope that you will visit us again soon.