This hotel is beautiful. I stayed here, with my boyfriend, in December 2011, when it had just opened as Avani Bentota (in its previous incarnation, it used to be called Hotel Serendib). While parts of the hotel weren't open at the time, and we had to deal with initial service quality issues since the staff were all trying to figure out how different things worked - our stay was still amazing. The hotel architecture was designed by Geoffrey Bawa, an iconic architect who contextualized modern architecture for the tropical setting. It's almost like the hotel invites the environment - the trees, the heavy sea breeze - into the hotel.
The recently renovated rooms are luxuriously modern. The business center carries a collection of movies for a romantic evening in front of the 40 inch LCD TV. The shower looks into the room through a glass-panel for amorous honeymooners (gay or straight).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to our Bentota hotel, beach haven. Soak up colonial charm in nearby Galle. Laze by the ocean as AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa combines contemporary style with sun-filled days on the southwest coast. Spice up your appetite with local flavours. Sail gently through the mangroves for a relaxing afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avani Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Avani Bentota Resort And Spa
- Serendib Hotel Bentota