“Great ayurvedic hotel”

Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Bentota
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Great place to stay and enjoy the ayurveda. Nice attentive personal. Excellent massage and doctor. Excellent food. Nice relaxing garden. Very clean. Sometimes noise from the street but not disturbing.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Aelita_9

Reviewed 21 January 2013

The staff are lovely and attentive, and the grounds are wonderful. We stayed only a few days, so I was not able to do the full ayurvedic treatment I would have liked. We did have some healthy meals and massages. (Ladies, be careful of agreeing to massages by male therapists - you might be sending the wrong message and receive attempts to, ahem, give more than you ask for - that's Sri Lanka in general. A simple "no, thank you" suffices). I liked the room, which has a bit of a colonial feel to it. Turn down service is nice. They have internet available if you ask (in a little out-of-the-way room), otherwise the lobby has wifi. The food is healthy and clean. If you want more hardy cuisine, head across the path to the nearby restaurant for seafood, alcohol, and the ability to smoke, if those interest you. The one drawback that keeps me from giving a full 5 stars and which is out of control of the hotel is a local bar that plays loud music into the wee hours, preventing restful sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Mixchel
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Room was very dated and in need of modernisation. Pool decent for a short stay but I would avoid this place for anything other than a v cheap place to sleep for one night. So many other better places.

Stayed: April 2012
11  Thank AlexTara
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I spent 3 weeks in Sri Lanka Aida Hotel Bentota, and I felt very comfortable. The hotel has a manageable size, the entire staff is very friendly and helpful and committed, you feel very comfortable and pampered. The daily four-handed massages and other treatments were very soothing and relaxing. Supervised by a doctor even if you got little aches and pains once a herbal remedy that worked. It was my first Ayurveda, so I have no comparison but I've heard that the Indian cures are harder and less relaxing. The combination of yoga, massage, relaxation, meditation, simply bring much relaxation and reflection. That was exactly what I was looking for. You go to bed early and uses the tag. The food is tasty and varied. Small special requests are gladly fulfilled. The beach is only 2-3 minutes. Since one always has a daily program, I found that were not bad. It is a beautiful garden to relax on the applications and also how you get there, everywhere and all the delicious herbal tea and hot water. You must agree and have taken on such a program but the friendly and caring atmosphere in the hotel much helped me very relaxed and motivated again went to Germany and even now, 14 days can feel after their return, as well gives me this time has done.

Room Tip: Chose riverside rooms to stay.They are very quiet and peaceful...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank Benjamin B
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Terribly bad Breakfast Buffet - covered inch by inch with FLIES; limited, terrible and cold food. Was NO use complaining to the manager - NO improvement shown the next day. In fact another foreign guest also complained about the same thing & asked for refund, while we witnessed.

The swimming pool is overflowing & the water almost covers the restaurant floor... unsafe for kids, one kid slipped bad & hurt himself. I wonder, how can a resort that has a theme of "wellness center" be so negligent in basic cleanliness, hygiene and safety!

No room service facility and most importantly: NO wi-fi, though the hotel website promised!

Lastly, our checkout experience was all the more surprising - we were not told how much was it including tax. To our surprise, though we booked this hotel through hotelopia.com; the amount showed payable by a local travel company. And so, the hotel staff refused to even tell us what the total amount was! (Never faced this problem with www.Booking.com ). Tried calling hotelopia hotline, but couldn't get through. Not sure what's the amount that'll be charged to my credit card!

Overall, Aida resort is certainly not a "wellness" resort & not recommended at all to anyone! In fact, of all the hotels we stayed in during our Sri Lanka Visit, "Aida Resorts", Bentota - was the WORST! Instead, go for Bentota Beach Resort - that's where we had our meals & spent most of our time! Avoid Aida, please!

Room Tip: Avoid Aida, for cleanliness reasons
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ruongo
scyohan, Owner at Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

It is quite a shock !

These complains are very outrages and i believe it represents only her personal point of view and this client in any means cannot speak for other clients.

As far i remember, No westerner complained about food! No one left !

As an Indian, you should already know we have flies are not a rare sight in Asia. But what shocking is we get this complain only from you!

For your knowledge we are conducting pest controlling daily.

However we are deeply shocked, and like to offer you our apologies as we believe customer is our KING

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I had to write a quick review about the hotel as i was shocked by the other comments left....you can't please everyone!
The restaurant served Great food, we found the staff provided excellent service and there was a pleasant atmosphere.
The location is great (we had a room b the river), as you are near the river / sea / and a small tuk tuk journey away from a busy town.
We loved Bentota and we will be back - will we go to Aida? Yes - good value for money and really enjoed our time there.

Room Tip: Ask for a river front room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JDonovanLeeds
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Very nice hotel, great location right opp the river.
BUT TOTAL ABSOLUTE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ASIANS n INDIANS in PARTICULAR.
Will definitely recommend it to Europeans but never to any dark skinned people.
Dark people are unfortunately treated shabbily there..

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank me_nishil
scyohan, Owner at Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

hi my name is Yohan and i'm the Director for AIDA

I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay sir.
I understand the feeling being dark skinned as i lived most of the time in europe myself.

But do you not feel that you have been too critical about this situation? I'm sure it was all a big communication error rather personal error.

we respect all nationalities and why on earth we discriminate our own color?

I am dark skinned too.