I just stayed one night in this hotel, last month and found it is an average hotel. Lies 500 meters from the Bentota Railways station with two wings, one facing the river side for normal guest and another behind which is dedicated for the guest who comes with complete Ayurveda treatment package. The back wing looks fairly new with nice ambience and with all Ayurveda treatment, massage facilities as well as swimming pool. The guest rooms at the back with Ayurveda facility is only provided to guest who books for all inclusive package, however remaining guest can still enjoy the large and beautiful swimming pool and can go for different massages as of their choices (ranges from 1800 – 6000 LKR). The restaurant is huge at the first floor from where you can see the river views and foods are really nice, with smiling staff greeting and welcoming you. You can also have free internet access in restaurant area. The breakfast is normally inclusive and good (bread, butter, jam, omelettes, fruits, juice, tea or coffee).
The guest rooms facing river are good enough and with a balcony to have a peaceful time looking at river or reading in fresh air. Beds are generally okay but to have good sleep better order a mosquito net, which can be fixed upon request. I noticed many mosquitos in room, which is probably due to rainy season. So, better to be aware and save yourself for not taking chances of getting malaria or dengue. Suggest to always have a mosquito repellent cream with you. The room had a small fridge, TV, safety locker, wardrobe, AC, good lightings etc. Bathroom amenities were okay except for towels, which I certainly would like to suggest the hotel management to change immediately as it was hard/rough, only good to scrub your body, not wipe the water, unfortunately. While saying so, I also would like to highlight few things that were not properly organized and managed by the hotel – at least in the room (207) where I stayed. No water in bathroom, no signal in TV, dirty looking toilet pan and sheet, floor with dust (as I walked naked foot, it turned almost black), no desk and chairs in the room, which could be used for just sitting for different purposes – always have to sit on the bed. After requesting, some of these things were fixed unsatisfactorily, but with couple of reminders only. Water problem solved but the volume and pressure of water in the basin was completely hopeless…almost dripping. TV signals received but it was still terrible and was not really clear and visible. I also would like to suggest hotel management to have some international TV channels including BBC, CNN, NDTV, Al Jazeera etc. to watch some international news. Overall it was just okay but compare to the amount I paid (USD 83), it was not really a good value for money. I would not pay more than 50 $ for such hotel, rather pay little more and go just across the road to Bentota beach hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are specialize in authentic Ayurvedic treatments from Sri Lanka. AIDA Resorts started in the late 90's is one of the leading in wellness in Sri Lanka. Our Avinya Spa offers wide range of DAY-SPA packages for clients who wish to relax and calm their senses. AIDA Resorts located at the river banks of Bentota River about 2 1/2hrs drive south from Colombo Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aida Ayurveda And Holistic Health Resort
- Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Hotel Bentota