See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I just stayed one night in this hotel, last month and found it is an average hotel. Lies 500 meters from the Bentota Railways station with two wings, one facing the river side for normal guest and another behind which is dedicated for the guest who comes with complete Ayurveda treatment package. The back wing looks fairly new with nice ambience and with all Ayurveda treatment, massage facilities as well as swimming pool. The guest rooms at the back with Ayurveda facility is only provided to guest who books for all inclusive package, however remaining guest can still enjoy the large and beautiful swimming pool and can go for different massages as of their choices (ranges from 1800 – 6000 LKR). The restaurant is huge at the first floor from where you can see the river views and foods are really nice, with smiling staff greeting and welcoming you. You can also have free internet access in restaurant area. The breakfast is normally inclusive and good (bread, butter, jam, omelettes, fruits, juice, tea or coffee).

The guest rooms facing river are good enough and with a balcony to have a peaceful time looking at river or reading in fresh air. Beds are generally okay but to have good sleep better order a mosquito net, which can be fixed upon request. I noticed many mosquitos in room, which is probably due to rainy season. So, better to be aware and save yourself for not taking chances of getting malaria or dengue. Suggest to always have a mosquito repellent cream with you. The room had a small fridge, TV, safety locker, wardrobe, AC, good lightings etc. Bathroom amenities were okay except for towels, which I certainly would like to suggest the hotel management to change immediately as it was hard/rough, only good to scrub your body, not wipe the water, unfortunately. While saying so, I also would like to highlight few things that were not properly organized and managed by the hotel – at least in the room (207) where I stayed. No water in bathroom, no signal in TV, dirty looking toilet pan and sheet, floor with dust (as I walked naked foot, it turned almost black), no desk and chairs in the room, which could be used for just sitting for different purposes – always have to sit on the bed. After requesting, some of these things were fixed unsatisfactorily, but with couple of reminders only. Water problem solved but the volume and pressure of water in the basin was completely hopeless…almost dripping. TV signals received but it was still terrible and was not really clear and visible. I also would like to suggest hotel management to have some international TV channels including BBC, CNN, NDTV, Al Jazeera etc. to watch some international news. Overall it was just okay but compare to the amount I paid (USD 83), it was not really a good value for money. I would not pay more than 50 $ for such hotel, rather pay little more and go just across the road to Bentota beach hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms facing riverside
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Mukesh S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We wanted to stay here for a couple of nights as our friends were staying near by, and having found what appeared to be a great price online went there to check out the rooms before buying. The rooms looked OK for advertised price of $40, but when we came to check in they began telling us that we had to pay double the advertised price for the room. We mentioned that we could simply purchase the offer online for $40 with breakfast included, but the manager then said that he would offer us the room for $80 without breakfast. The hotel was empty and and he acted clueless. We decided, rather than book online we would move somewhere better because the customer service was so poor. At the end he did offer us a complimentary drink, walked away and never returned with the drink.

We eventually stayed across the river at Thumbelina Apartments and couldn't recommend this place enough. The rooms are decorated very modern and stylish, the bed's are huge and comfortable, you have your own fridge, kettle, toaster and great views over the lake. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the restaurant downstairs is sat on the lake, creating a great setting for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Greenfingers77
Reviewed 6 August 2013

That this place is finished and ready for business. I went on 19th July for two weeks stay and Ayurveda. I had been told that the bedrooms in the main building were being refurbished. I had not been told that there were no other guests, the whole of the main hotel was under major reconstruction, the noise of drills and saws was deafening and there was no pool available. I was offered another room about 10 yards from my own - I'm not sure why they thought the noise would be any different there. I stayed two days and then got out. They charged me full rate for the two days that I was there, which I thought was a cheek but i did not want to stay around to argue. The manager was not available for me to speak to as he was away for the whole day and no-one else could help, nor did he bother to phone me.
A really truly horrible way to spend the first two days of my holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Christine D
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed at Aida (our third stay) in November 2012 for our honemoon.
We love going back to Aida for the people and location most of all.
The hotel is split into two and we were near the river side. WE had am amazing view and a wonderful room. The staff are amazing - the rooms are cleaned everday by some fantastic guys who are so very sweet.
The retsaurant on site is also worth a visit - nasi goreng being a fav of ours!
I ws very lucky to have received a wonderful wedding gift from my husband from Aida gems and jewelery - the most amazing and beautifully made earrings (that match the engagement ring he bought me from there two years ago) - the attention to detail is unbelievable.
All in all an amazing place - amazing people = amazing holiday

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank minnie_the_greek
scyohan, Manager at Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

We thank you for your Lovely comment. Thank you and see you soon at AIDA

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Great place to stay and enjoy the ayurveda. Nice attentive personal. Excellent massage and doctor. Excellent food. Nice relaxing garden. Very clean. Sometimes noise from the street but not disturbing.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo