See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I stayed here 2 weeks. My 2nd time in Sri Lanka. My room was shaby and dirty. The towels oily and torn. The safe and the TV (2 channels) didn't work in the beginning. It is terribly loud to sleep as there is a near train and a busy street. I use to travel a lot - but also for me this is one of the worst hotels I've ever visited. And I now about the country and that it can't be the same standard as in Europe. But for the price it's not worth it!
The treatments are ok though. About 1,5 hours every day if you book a whole cure for 65 EUR per day. But still they could invest in new towels, mattresses and sunbeds. The garden is nice.
The meals are always more ore less the same: curry and rice and vegetables, fish for lunch and chicken in the evening, the taste is all right.
The service (except restaurant) is bad. You have to ask 5 times for everything you need.
And the worst: I heard that people who do not complain (not me) are asked to write a good comment here in Tripadvisor (and even get a small present for it). So don't trust all comments completely.
I came here because of good comments, but I can't agree them.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
11  Thank Kakaduu71
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Within two weeks I got totally relaxed and got rid of my headaches by acupuncture and aryuveda treatment. The doctor is very professional. Especially the service staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Rudolfo99
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I completely agree with helpinghandAustria's comments as we had experienced a similar horror with this so called holistic hotel. Unfortunate that we did not check this review prior to our stay here as we were banking on the so-called travel industry leaders: Cox & Kings.

We spent 2 nights from our 9 days trip in Sri Lanka in this hotel. In our trip, easily this wins hands down as the worst hotel! This was the most horrible hotel we have ever been and unfortunately we had no chance of relocating as it was New year's eve.
Our hotel room was a dingy little room, utterly shabby, third rate and absolutely disgusting located strategically near store rooms!!!!!!!!!!

One should not recommend this hotel even to their worst enemy!

The rooms are extremely dirty with insects galore. Molds and cockroaches are an integral part of the entire room, sticky cupboards (some without handles), broken toilet seat and celing fan, rusty fixtures probably installed when Sri Lanka gained
independence. The air conditioning unit was non functional.
The list is endless!

This is supposedly a 3 star property with no TV and a conceited and impolite manager.
When we complained about the room he had the audacity to tell us to leave the place if we did not like the room. He did not have the slightest remorse to even apologise for the state of their rooms. But on the day we were checking out, he suddenly transformed into a completely polite person (he even managed a smile) and asked us to visit their Gems & Jewellery shop!!!

I just sincerely pray that we do not carry any bed bugs from this unhygienic place!!!!
Being an ardent traveller and having stayed across the world, this is easily the worst place I have ever come across!

I have uploaded the photos for your benefit. Be forewarned and save yourself from this place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank vjtech81
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I will make me review very short. We spent the last night from our 7days trip in Sri Lanka in this hotel.
This was the most horrible hotel I have ever been and unfortunately we had no chance of relocating.
The hotel has two buildings - a new one which seems ok and an old part which is just disgusting!!!!!!!!!!
The rooms are dirty, body fluids from the previous people are on the bed sheet, animals everywhere including ants in the bed, Mold in the entire room, sticky cupboards and tables, broken toilet seats, the bathtub rusty & mold....
The list is endless!
I am working in the hotel industry since 10 years and I have been to many places in the world and this is the only place I have been and I was scared to take diseases with me because it is so unhygienic!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank helpinghandAustria
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Aida is a specialised and authentic ayurveda hotel on the coast of Bentota. You do not come here for partying nor nightlife, but to experience physical and mental well-being resulting from daily massages and treatments, a healthy diet of delicious local curries, yoga or meditation classes, long walks on the nearby beach and lots of sleep.
Aida has its own ayurvedic doctor who sees you every 4 days and an experienced team of male and female therapists whose hands are able to do wonders.
The staff is incredibly friendly and make you feel like home.
Really a place to recommend and good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends