This has been by far the main highlight of many hotels that we've visited in Sri Lanka over the last few weeks. The bungalows are huge, amazingly furnished and each have their own private garden with satelite (that actually works!) and free wifi everywhere! There are 22 staff for 12 guest rooms and you really get world class service - the staff truly love this place and it makes such a huge difference. There is even a full time Ayurvedic doctor who you can see and get treatments and massages from $15. We were worried that this place might be too far from the beach, but it's only 5 mins away and they're very happy to transfer you about for little or no money. But best of all is the setting of this hotel. It is in the most picturesque place imaginable - right on the banks of a beautiful river that slowly difts along and where you can sit and have dinner enjoying what is by far the best food we ate in Sri Lanka. The food and drinks are very well priced- we had the selection of Sri Lankan curries most nights for $10 which were prepared by a great chef, Athula, who changes the menu daily and gives you enough for twice the number of people! The pool area is beatiful with a nice jucuzzi and the whole place is surrounded by stunning gardens, ponds, winding paths and a herb garden (a real herb garden rather than the commercial ones that tour guides take you when you're on a tour here) and so much wildlife (eagles, brightly coloured birds, monkeys, water lizards etc etc) that come and go as you sit by the pool or river. The staff go the extra mile - there are always flowers in your room and on the table. In the room we found some writing by the owner about why he set up this place - with Dalmanuta being the place that the disciples took Jesus to rest - and we had such a peaceful, uplifting and special time here that we will be telling everyone about it when we're back home. This is my first tripadviser review because i thought it was so good. I really do recommend it very highly - for us it is now top of the list. Well worth the slightly higher room rates compared to the other places, which we can fairly say are very average in comparison. It's the perfect place for couples, little kids and families, or people wanting treatments in a relaxed, peaceful and uplifting environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalmanuta is situated in a large lovely park along the Bentota River. Dalmanuta offers full Ayurvedic Treatment or just a relaxing holiday. The Hotel has two pools, one diving deep and one Jacuzzi pool. The restaurant is open also for guests not living at the hotel. Minimum stay 2 nights ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant Hotel Bentota
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort And Restaurant