Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant
US$481
US$140
US$93
  • Beachfront
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota(Bentota)
US$156
US$94
US$76
Hotel Susanthas(Bentota)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsherbal gardenayurvedic treatmentsthe riverfree boatsri lankabentota beachayurveda doctorayurvedic centrefull body massageswimming poolshower areaspent nightsbeautiful gardenrelaxing stayour honeymoonseafoodcurries
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our family of 4 spent a week doing a tour around Sri Lanka. It was like a military expedition - everything scheduled to the minute. We spent the last 2 days of our tour in the Dalmanuta Gardens, which was the best decision I could have made. We arrived at the hotel late in the evening but it was not a problem as the manager had phoned us to ask about the arrival time. After we dropped off our luggage near the beautiful cottages, we were shown around the establishment and when we got to the amazing riverside restaurant we were offered a welcome beverage.
The restaurant deserves a special mention; everything is cooked to your personal preference, just ask the chef. When my husband went fishing in the morning, he was served breakfast at 6am - nothing was a problem for the personnel.
The service was good. We were pleasantly surprised every morning with towel masterpieces on our beds in the shape of animals.
The beds are big and comfortable with mosquito nets and mosquito coils provided outside.
My impression: it was very green and in the middle of nature. Birds were singing, squirrels squirreling, and water monitors walking around near the restaurant. The garden is well-maintained, and every cottage has a private garden with sun beds.
The pool and jacuzzi were beautiful, with the furnishings resembling nature.
It was very peaceful, far from noise and tourists. Very relaxing.
We didn't try the Ayurvedic treatments as we simply didn't have enough time.
There is a free boat taxi to the Bentota beach and the boat driver takes you through the mangroves on the way.
I would recommend this hotel as a place to recuperate after a busy holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ira_P4
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed 8 days at Dalmanuta in April and I have to say that I loved every minute of it! The bungalows are all very luxurious and perfectly clean. The pool area is awesome with 1 pool large enough to do laps in and 1 smaller, more chilled pool with jacuzzi function to sit and relax in. The pool area staff made sure you had clean towels at all time, a cool drink in your hand and fresh fruits when ever needed.

The restaurant serves great food. the staff is very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere by the river is super relaxed and romantic.

A fun twist was that the room service boys made up new advanced towel decorations each day so we were always excited when we got back to the rooms after hitting the pool or beach to see what they had come up with this time!

The gardens with all animals (lizzards, monkeys etc) is really beautiful and the location of the resort is great if you want to escape the crowded town. If you want some more action you can always just take a short boat or tuk tuk trip to the beach, have some dinner and drinks before returning to your own paradise at Dalmanuta.

Thanks for a great stay/Cecilia

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came for yoga and ayurvedic treatment. But I must say that the first and best treatment ever was the staff - everyone was so kind, helpful - always with a beautiful smile. The resort rested in a peaceful and healing environment, calming for stressed souls. Only birds and crickets, fish jumping in the ponds - one or two monkeys jumping in the trees, making sounds. The food was excellent. Also The yogalessons and treatments with good benefit and high class. Thanks to everyone - noone named, noone forgotten. - Already hoping to return soon. Dalmanuta in My heart:)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Like the Garden of Eden, so many flowers, so many birds, exotic fruits and just a few mosquitos)) and even though the hotel was fully booked, we felt like we were alone. The food was great and the view from the restaurant was even better! I liked the ayurvedic doctor very much, the whole treatment team gave me so much warmth and attention.
The staff was great and made our stay very relaxed and comfortable.
Be sure to take a boat ride to the beach and visit the mangroves on the way!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

What makes Dalmanuta so enchanted is the warm and friendly service, the perfect location for relaxing with its selected number of bungalows and the love of the owner for the place. From the moment I arrived and was collected from the airport I was made extremely welcome. The manager Chamal and his family, the front office manager Imail, the chief butler Naleer, and the rest of the staff are always ready to help you as if you were extended family of Dalmanuta.

I had no previous experience with Ayurevedic treatment. Dr. Prabuddhi is so kind, gentle and sincere that the care started even before my arrival via e-mail. My sense of wellbeing improved so much in five short days. There is no question that a longer stay is necessary for full benefits. I want to say thank you to my therapist, Pushpa. It would be great if she or the doctor could offer perhaps a class, in collaboration with the gardeners, about the herbs that they use daily in the treatments or how to prepare the herbal balls and oils for the guests who wish to know more about Ayurveda. Their knowledge of plants is a real fortune, it would be wonderful if they could share it. Indeed the well attended botanical garden of Dalmanuta would certainly help.

Twice a day I took yoga classes which were delightful and the “yoga sala” where we practiced is highly recommended. If I could make a suggestion, it would be nice if the morning classes could start an hour earlier, so there is enough time between breakfast and the treatment.

The rooms were clean, simple, and comfortable. Thanks to the stable Wi-Fi, I was able to use my computer to check email everywhere in the hotel ground.

It comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo