We stayed four nights at Dalmanuta Gardens to finish our trip to Sri Lanka. We were in need of some relaxation after sitting in a car for most of the week prior and that is just what we were able to obtain. The property is beautifully maintained by Chamal, who is extremely helpful. As we were the only guests at the time of our stay we felt very personally looked after. We stayed in Room 3 which had everything we could possibly need. Ants and bugs were also in the room but as world travelers we understand that when in a natural setting that is a part of it. The bugs and ants were not on the level of a problem so it was no huge issue for us.
The setting is so lovely, dinners and lunches were served out in a structure on the river, which we found very peaceful and relaxing. The food on the property is very good. Our room was cleaned promptly and again, we felt as though if we needed anything all we had to do was ask. Sureth, our main server in the dining area, even paid attention to what type of fruit we liked and it would come out with breakfast.
It was incredibly difficult to sleep at night--not at all the fault of the property staff. Dogs howled most of the night which woke us up repeatedly. Ear plugs provided by the bed would be well utilized. If you sleep hard it probably wouldn't be a bother.
I personally wish the jacuzzi was heated as it wasn't easy to jump into a cold one necessarily. It would be a nice addition to have it warm.
The only real glitch was really a lack of communication. It didn't present any major problems but we frequently alerted staff to when we were leaving, when we would not stay on property for dinner, etc. yet we were told that staff had waited on us for dinner when we had clearly said we would be out. This type of thing happened a few times and was more of a minor irritation as we are good visitors and wouldn't want to inconvenience the personnel--hence the notice. I'm not sure if this was a language issue or something else but again, it wasn't a huge deal.
We did consult with the ayurvedic doctor on site, Dr. Prabbudhyi, who was friendly and helpful. Having had some familiarity with this type of medicine we did take part in some treatments which for the price were of good value. I would return to this property and would recommend it as a relaxing oasis in a busy city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalmanuta is situated in a large lovely park along the Bentota River. Dalmanuta offers full Ayurvedic Treatment or just a relaxing holiday. The Hotel has two pools, one diving deep and one Jacuzzi pool. The restaurant is open also for guests not living at the hotel. Minimum stay 2 nights ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant Hotel Bentota
- Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort And Restaurant