We spent 4 nights at the Waterside Hotel and were just charmed by the hotel, it's staff and the owner. The Waterside has 6 large a/c bed rooms, all with balcony. It is positioned on the edge of the Lagoon, a short boat ride from the main beach which the hotel were happy to provide free of charge for guests. The hotel is full of character with an almost Romanesque open air pillared dining area which is a fabulous place to eat. The staff were the highlight of the holiday, so warm and genuine especially Indica who has recently joinded the hotel staff. Such a warm and gentle guy who served you with a constant smile and made you feel right at home. As we were at the end of of our tour, we wanted just to chill by the pool and pick up a few rays and it was perfect for this, no noise just views across the lagoon and taking in the wild life.. The pool is quite large and with only 6 rooms, it was never going to get busy. The hotel is a 20 minute walk from the beach or a 10 minute boat ride across the lagoon. The hotel's English owner Susan was charm personified and made us feel very welcome.
All in all, a fantastic boutique hotel and another highlight in our special break in Sri Lanka. Again, I have no hesitation in recommending it to all and it get top marks in every department.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterside is an elegant well maintained Villa with restaurant,which is situated in a unique riverside location,and has magnificent views over the wide Bentota Ganga. Waterside is popular with guests of all nationalities.We have 6 ensuite (with bathtub and shower) A/C rooms with bar fridge,fan and satellite TV.The large open restaurant serves delicious Sri Lankan and Western dishes as well as mouth watering seafood.During your stay you can relax by our pool which is only a few steps from all the rooms, whilst enjoying the surrounding mature tropical garden and river views.We offer complimentary boat transfer to nearby beach, water sports or town.If you require Ayuvedic massage we can recommend several treatment centres.Excursions and tours to all the magnificent sites in this beautiful island can be arranged.If you wish to explore the local area we provide bicycles or we can organise local scenic tuk tuk rides . Fishing trips ,bird watching and river trips are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Waterside Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Bentota Hotel Bentota
- The Waterside Hotel Bentota