Simply stunning, no other words will suffice. The rooms were immaculately decorated and the position and staff were superb.
My girlfriend and I were the only residents at the hotel on the night we stayed (Valentines Night) and the service was second to none. The staff were attentive without being instrusive, they seemed to disappear when they weren't needed and appear when our glasses were empty or we needed to ask them a question. Lucky and Little Lucky were great, we went on an early morning boatride and had a great time, Water Monitors and birds everywhere, we even saw Jellyfish swimming up the river!!
The owner, Susan was lovely, she told us how she came to settle in the area and was the perfect host. We felt that we were her guests and not customers paying for the privilege of staying in this glorious hotel.
All in all a truly memorable stay, it's a shame we couldn't stay for longer but we had to come back to England. With only 5/6 rooms this hotel has a very personal feel and we'd recommend this hotel for everyone. It's in a very rural location, about 2km from the busy Bentota resort, so you have the best of both worlds.
Thanks to Susan and the staff for letting us stay with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterside is an elegant well maintained Villa with restaurant,which is situated in a unique riverside location,and has magnificent views over the wide Bentota Ganga. Waterside is popular with guests of all nationalities.We have 6 ensuite (with bathtub and shower) A/C rooms with bar fridge,fan and satellite TV.The large open restaurant serves delicious Sri Lankan and Western dishes as well as mouth watering seafood.During your stay you can relax by our pool which is only a few steps from all the rooms, whilst enjoying the surrounding mature tropical garden and river views.We offer complimentary boat transfer to nearby beach, water sports or town.If you require Ayuvedic massage we can recommend several treatment centres.Excursions and tours to all the magnificent sites in this beautiful island can be arranged.If you wish to explore the local area we provide bicycles or we can organise local scenic tuk tuk rides . Fishing trips ,bird watching and river trips are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Waterside Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Bentota Hotel Bentota
- The Waterside Hotel Bentota