Nisala Arana Boutique Hotel
US$97
US$59
US$165
US$151
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota(Bentota)
US$156
US$94
US$76
Hotel Susanthas(Bentota)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnespresso machinepavilion restaurantfour posterfree bicycleswedding locationbeautiful hideawayoutdoor bathroomsri lankayoga retreattuk tukbig gardenlittle piece of paradisehis teamnice poolfruit platterbentota beachmorris
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The last night 5 nights of our month's tour of Sri Lanka were spent here. We were very lazy and did little, apart from sit in the beautiful shady grounds reading and have the occasional cooling dip in the pool.One of the highlights for us was being woken to a spectacular dawn chorus every morning. We saw some wonderful birds during the day and even spotted a very large water monitor slinking off to the nearby river. We received first class service, particularly from Tony. The chef served up some wonderful food - his soups are amazing. Showering during a shower of rain in the outdoor bathroom was an experience too.

A warning for those who are attractive to Mosquitos, I was quite badly bitten during my stay despite the staff's vigilance with coils and having a mosquito net over the bed. My husband, however, wasn't bitten at all.

A couple of slight niggles. We did feel that the trips that were offered were way too expensive. Also, it was very confusing having a mixture of $ and rupees quoted.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent our final four days of our holiday in this oasis retreat. You can not fail to delighted with the beautiful grounds, the swimming pool and luxurious rooms. But what truly makes a stay special are the staff. Jerome and Tony are exceptional nothing is too much trouble, they are warm and caring. We felt like we were members of Kevin's family not paying guests.
I loved all the extra touches, bottled water in the room everyday, fabulous coffee maker, tea and scones served at four ( very British), the bikes to tour, the candel light valentines dinner and the turn down service.
The food is also wonderful, generous breakfast and the most exquisite curries of our trip.
We were only due to stay for three nights but Jerome sorted out the extra night and luxury vehicle to take us to the airport as we could not bare to leave.
I know I read these reviews and thought it can't really be that good? Well trust me it is.
The perfect end to our holiday.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunshineSally007
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have nothing but great things to say about this place and would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Bentota. The accommodation is spacious and extremely comfortable and the surrounding grounds are spectacular. The swimming pool is a welcome addition and we really enjoyed taking a late afternoon dip followed by complimentary tea and biscuits. There are so many great things about this place but the best is the service - we felt thoroughly spoilt for the whole three days we were there. One of the highlights of our trip to Sri Lanka was using the complimentary bikes to cycle to the beach - its about a 15 minute route through some very quiet roads that pass some of the locals houses. We rode past so many smiling faces and people waving - a really pleasant experience.

Ben - thanks to you and your staff for making our stay so special. We hope to visit again some time in the future.

Ian and Raquel

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian Y
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at Nisala Arana for three nights with my two kids. We live in Colombo and wanted to get out on a long weekend to a quiet place where we could just sleep, read and spend time together. All nice hotels at the beach were fully booked due to long weekend and Valentine day and we could not find anything near the beach, so we decided to try this place. Now my kids are saying that this hotel probably was the best place we stayed in Sri Lanka during our 1.5 years life here. And we stayed in more than 30 hotels here! My morning started with a cup of delicious nespresso coffee and yummy breakfast. Staff at the Nisala Arana were very friendly and served breakfast to my teenager daughter when she was up at around 12 pm every day without any complaint. I don't know any hotel which would do that. Food was very good, with fresh juices made of mandarins picked right in the garden. Hotel has a very good selection of Sri Lankan and Western food which was great.

The hotel provides everything you ask them, my daughter even got goggles for a pool. Tony and Gerome played badminton with my kids, fixed their bikes and showed tons of card magic tricks to entertain them. Beach is about 4 kilometers and hotel can take you there on a tuk tuk or in a fancy old car. Or you can bike there and hotel provides you with safety chains for the bikes. We went to Geoffrey Bawa house, biked around and did not even want to go to the beach being very comfy at the hotel!

I think the best feature of the hotel that everybody there is super friendly, helpful and trying the best to ensure you enjoy the place. I am sure we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed two nights in Mango suit and one night in Coconut suite. Mango Suit was very spacious and comfortable. It is on a second floor, so it has breeze in the morning, though we enjoyed AC. I recommend the room which is further on the terrace, so you would be the last room and no people passing by. Coconut room while being very cozy has no AC and for us that was disadvantage. If you can tolerate heat with the fan, then you could enjoy it, we asked for additional fan which helped.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomirisk
Reviewed 12 February 2014

our family of 4 spent 3 days here. It was the perfect way to end our trip to Sri Lanka after a week of hopping around.
The property is very nice - upscale but very relaxed. we stayed in the Doctor's House, which was a real treat. very large and amazing design.
The property itself is located about 3km from the beach, down a local road. There is large open areas and a great freshwater pool. It really is a place to relax and do light activities. WE took the bikes out each day, it was fun going through all the local villages and pathways and seeing the non-touristy parts of the area.
The staff was really amazing, Jerome, Tony and the rest of the staff. Food was amazing, it was so surprising what came of out that small kitchen, and they were very flexible when ordering for our young kids. Definitely a place I would return too

Room Tip: I saw all the rooms, All were very nice