“Good food in Indian hut family restaurant”
Review of Indian Hut

Indian Hut
Ranked #30 of 143 Restaurants in Galle
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food (low cost) in galle fort Indian hut restaurant
Really good Indian food I like Indian curry and naan good tandoori chicken and see food best restaurants in Sri Lanka
I love Indian food

There are newer reviews for Indian Hut

Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the outside Indian Hut doesn't look much, but when you go upstairs you have lovely views of the Fort Walls and sea.

The restaurant itself is very simple, so don't expect anything posh. I'm a Northerner and we do love our curries, so when we spotted Indian Hut, we had to try it and we were definitely not disappointed! There is a large selection to chose from on the menu, pretty much spoilt for choice.
I recommend the chicken tikka starter. We had a lamb and potato curry with naan bread. The curry was lovely! Hot but not too hot it ruined the flavour. The naans were the best I've ever tasted, light and thin. Compared to the Sri Lankan curries, I have noticed that Indian curries contain a lot more oil. Looking at other reviews, there isn't as much oil as people make out to be in the curries.

The food here is really cheap too and they do takeaways! Highly recommend here if you're after something a little bit different to Sri Lankan curries! If not, just go for the naan bread alone! :)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

All the hype about this place went down the drain once we set foot in to the place.
We saw that the Naan was painted with oil using a paint brush & sold as butter Naan out side the entrance by the road. The butter Naan cost more. I have lived in all states of India & am quite acquainted with the different types of food in India. We decided to order the ordinary Naan, Chapathi, Chicken tikka, Dhal, Masala & bottles of water. We waited for almost 55 minutes for the food to arrive & it came in portions which took another 30 minutes. The Bottles of water came with no plastic seal & we knew that it was filled by the tap & therefore ordered sprite. The waiter was unshaven, unclean, wore dirty clothes & had a bad odour emitting from his body. It was almost 10 m & we had no choice as many of the other places including KFC & Pizza hut were closed at that time. Ad it was the day after the Sinhala New year all the Sinhala restaurants were closed. The cost of it was not reasonable & the food tasted putrid. It was nothing Indian & a total hoodwink. Upon exiting I forced my way in to the food preparation area & found that it was far from the accepted standards. I kept my mouth shut & prepared a strong lime juice for all my family in order to to cut down the risk of food poisoning. Finally I have to state that it is blazing hot inside with no proper ventilation & the ceiling almost about to crash with wood rot falling on the tables. Last but not the least, we found that there was no water in the taps to wash our hands with a tiny jug of water with no form of soap for the guest to wash their hands. As the jug of water was over we had no one refilling it although we requested & had to buy bottles of unsealed water to wash out hands.

3  Thank Harsha P
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent the afternoon looking round Galle Fort and had lunch at this place beforehand. The food is OK, cheap and the staff OK. It does have a nice view and is very close to the fort.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Everything swims in pools of oil, overuse of chili, chicken isn't fresh and every vegetarian curry tastes the same. Indian food made crappy to cater to all kinds of tastebuds who may or may not know the difference.

Skip this and get some local sri lankan fish or prawn curry instead.

Delhi belly guaranteed the next day. Don't risk it.