Fort Inn Guest House
Fortaleza(Galle)
  • Beachfront
Amangalla(Galle)
View Hotel
All reviewsair contuk tukbalcony overlookingtop floorper nightrooms are smallfresh fruitplenty of hot waterfantastic locationnice staystayed two nightsrasikafortfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We were at the Fort Inn for 6 nights and the freindly welcome we received provided the platform for a really great stay in the area . The husband and wife owners Rusica and Rusica are on hand to offer sound advice on travelling around the area and can provide delicious meals from their family kitchen - you've got to try their sri lankan breakfasts . They really make you feel welcome and I look forward to seeing them again in the future and staying in their charming guest house .

Reviewed 23 March 2011

This was one of the best guest houses we stayed at during our three weeks in Sri Lanka. The room was large, the bed comfortable, the bathroom excellent. The owners, Rasike and Rasika, are really friendly people and made us feel completely at ease. Good cooks too! Tourism in Galle has obviously gone ahead in leaps and bounds judging by the number of nice looking guest houses there, but when we return we will certainly stay at Fort Inn again.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

We stayed in this hostel for 6 nights. The room was spacious with an en-suite bathroom. The owners are very friendly and welcoming. It felt like visiting friends rather than staying in a hostel. They offer sound advice on traveling and are able to organise highly affordable transport locally or to other cities. Although it is not a restaurant it is known by travellers as a great place to eat. The Sri Lankan breakfast is a must!
We had an amazing time and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

For $23 US per night for a double we got a lovely immaculate room. The owners Rasika and her husband were helpful and delightful. The guesthouse is perfectly located. And there was WIFI. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2011

my first stop in Sri Lanke since the loooong flight over. Thank heavens for the Fort Inn GH! I arrived smelly and exhausted, no waiting and formalities, Rasike and Rasika, the owners, welcomed me and sent me to my room for the life saving shower and sleep, I surfaced to a walk and lovely evening curry . I spent three days there getting to grips with SR and planning my trip, then set off on the adventure. The two Rs were the perfect hosts and helped with advice and local knowledge. I recommend eating at the Fort inn, take Rasike's offer of the full Sri Lanken breakfast, you will need no more food till the evening! I was able to rent a scooter from Rasika at a good price and took off on Scooter Pep for my island tour, returning it 1200 kms later. As I was returning at the end of my trip, I was able to leave my excess just in case baggage, with R and R, no problem.
Local Mr fixit is Rasika's uncle Rawinda, who will arrange virtually anything for you from a tour of the island to a tuk-tuk to the town.......there is probably a small commission to be had. Compared with many Sri Lankans he is not too pushy and will accept a No answer.
The owners speak very good english and take pride in their house and business. I would recommend staying there to get your bearings, and as I did, to return before the train ride home,
R Barry