“Great place for sapphires”
Review of Lihiniya Gems

Lihiniya Gems
Ranked #1 of 49 Shopping in Galle
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1983 as one of the very few Jewellers at that time inside the "Fort" of Galle city, Southern Sri Lanka, Dealers in all kinds of Precious & Semi- Precious Gemstones. We have a large collection to choose from. Makers of fine hand crafted Silver and Gold Jewellery for more than 3 decades. Visit us for a quote or write to us we deliver to anywhere in the world.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Saw this place when I was near the lighthouse in the Dutch fort in Galle.
Run by a couple this family business has got the best sapphires I've seen. I am very careful when I spend money on jewellery but I can say this place is the real deal. Reason being once I was in the UK I had an appointment with a friend of mine in Hatton garden London to get the sapphire certified. Paid £40 for the certification since I didn't want a fake stone on my wife's 40th b'day ring. All I can say is my money was well spent. I would definitely go back again..well I have placed an order to be delivered to me for my daughter..( she wanted a ring after seeing her mums)
The owners are kind, friendly and educated..they know a thing or two about customer loyalty and service..professional service overall.

15  Thank Franky U
Lahir, Manager at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for your high recommendation of Lihiniya Gems. It was a pleasure to read your descriptive and encouraging feedback.

Indeed we appreciate you taking your time off your busy schedule to get the purchases certified, it is very important that the genuineness is always checked. We are delighted that you and your daughter had loved our products.

Thank you once again for the lovely feedback.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"eternity ring"

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Clinched a beauty
Found this tiny little store through trip advisor managed by a lovely family. After going through a wide range of sapphires my wife clinched a readymade blue sapphire white gold ring which was elegant since we were only there for one night.
We couldn’t believe the stock of sapphire this tiny little shop had, we also bought a pair of blue sapphire to be made at our jeweller here in Melbourne and then we found that we have bought it at a fraction of the price. We had a small disagreement with the tuk tuk driver since this place was not entertaining commissions like other stores. Then we found out that we have been taken to a ride where the store was close by to Amangalla Hotel we actually stayed.
You may get confused with the exact replica shop next to it in front of the light house so please ask for Mr. Lahir.

13  Thank Steve C
Lahir, Manager at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your complimentary review and recommendation of our establishment. It is a pleasure to know that you are happy with the purchases made.
Your compliments on our products are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back, maybe in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have to thank my fellow tripadvisor reviewers for helping me to find this shop.

I found the owner and his staff to be both friendly and welcoming, keen to assist me, and knowledgeable about the items they carried in the store. I visited the store on my own and at no time did I feel pressured or uncomfortable.

The staff were happy to show me the wide range of jewellery they had in stock and quote prices as I looked. I purchased several pieces of jewellery (earrings and pendants) which I had examined and valued by a jeweller when I returned home. I am pleased to confirm that all the stones were natural and of good quality, the jeweller also commented on the quality of the settings themselves.

12  Thank Justmeplease
Lahir, Manager at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for patronizing and the complimentary review about our shop. We are delighted that you are happy with your purchases & your jeweler's comments about our products.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on our services; the staff will be more than glad to have ensured guest satisfaction, indeed we do work hard to achieve it.

Best regards.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We enjoyed our gem shopping trip very much. The staff were very knowledgeable and extremely patient as I spent some time choosing gems. I was like a child in a sweet shop and I very much appreciated their guidance and support. I am now the proud owner of some beautiful Sri Lankan gems and I feel very confident of and very pleased with them. The service is excellent and I received great value for money.

12  Thank SEQ2013
Lahir, Manager at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to read the appreciation of your memorable experience.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your gem buying experience and appreciate your words of praise and recommendation. Nothing is more important to us than the satisfaction of our valued customers.
I thank you so much for your very encouraging feedback, which inspires us to give the same experience to each and every customer that steps in to our little shop.

Thank you once again as we look forward to your continued patronage.

Thank you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 April 2014

So I visited Sri Lanka in January 2014 with my then then girlfriend (now fiancé). Having just got engaged we visited Lihiniya Gems to get the perfect engagement ring (or at least I hoped!), having read about the store on Tripadvisor. I have to admit I was a little nervous in advance, given that I would be spending quite a lot of money and wanting to make sure I got good value for money etc. Well I wasn't disappointed - from the moment we met Mr Lahir he made us feel so welcome and comfortable, showing a genuine interest in us and a real determination to give us exactly what we wanted. We sat with him for an hour or two looking at all the gems and rings he had to offer, his wife even made us a lovely pot of tea! after a great deal of internet browsing, sketching, discussion and expertise from Mr Lahir we eventually decided upon a design for the ring. Mr Lahir had even set aside the most incredible sapphire for us as I had contacted him in advance. I really have to thank him for his patience, I can imagine we weren't the easiest customers to deal with.

Having arranged delivery to our home in Australia we received the ring a few weeks later - we were bowled over. It was all we had hoped for and more. Mr Lahir stayed in touch with us over the phone during those few weeks to keep us up to date on progress. Finally, not knowing a great deal about jewellery or gems, I was delighted to find out the ring was worth significantly more than we paid for it when we had it valued recently. So Mr Lahir really is very genuine when he promises you a great price! I couldn't recommend this place enough and we will certainly be returning. In the end not just a purchase but an experience to remember and ultimately a truly stunning ring which we will have forever. Thank you so much.

James & Emma

13  Thank B6088RZjohnw

Thank you for your complimentary review and recommendation of our establishment Mr. James.

At the outset let me sincerely thank you for your loyal patronage. It was a pleasure for us to read your compliments on our jewellery and services as well as the wonderful customer service comments you have posted. Thank you once again for complementing about our gems and jewellery.

We trust you will continue to patronize us and we certainly look forward to welcome you once again to our establishment to indulge in more of our services.

Please accept our sincere wishes for a wonderful engagement.

With best wishes.