“Beautiful platinum and sapphire necklace made to order”
Review of Lihiniya Gems

Ranked #1 of 51 Shopping in Galle
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1983 as one of the very few Jewellers at that time inside the "Fort" of Galle city, Southern Sri Lanka, Dealers in all kinds of Precious & Semi- Precious Gemstones. We have a large collection to choose from. Makers of fine hand crafted Silver, Gold & Platinum Jewellery for more than 3 decades. Visit us for a quote or write to us we deliver to anywhere in the world.
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Having shopped around for prices and advice on what sapphires and metals I was after, I decided to go with Lihiniya Gems Just in front of the light house. Shazin was very professional and indeed equipped with a high end technical knowledge about sapphires. I went in with a photograph of what I was after but wanted it tweaked a bit - he was able to get this to perfection. I was extremely happy with the end product. I would definitely recommend Shazin and his team and wouldn't hesitate in using them again.

2  Thank lawrencew766
Lihiniya G, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for your kind and explanatory review.
This helps other customers and helps customers select us for their custom orders with confidence. We are a family run small business and every single order is undertaken and finished with great care and priority up to until handed over to the customer and also beyond, which comes with our LIFETIME GUARANTEE

All reviews
"no pressure"
in 8 reviews
"nice style"
in 2 reviews
"positive reviews on tripadvisor"
"expert advice"
"lovely selection"
"jewellery shop"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Irshad was great, he is a laid back kind of guy that is second generation owner of this small fort facing Gem Shop. When my husband & I visited we felt no pressure to buy which is the first thing I want to mention. Second to that is the quality of finish. As my husband wanted a custom made ring, so he first chose the band, then the stone. In the past when we have done similar to this, it has to be said, Sri Lanka is way low on the list of places to go to get any kind of quality finish on anything..... Eg. You take a white top for alteration & it comes back with blue, red or purple thread... Anything but white! Jewelry custom made 9 times out of 10 runs to the same kind of bodge finish.... Not here though. Totally happy with the quality of work & will return. It was a rushed job too, but came on time and was delivered to where we were staying. Thank you Irshad!

2  Thank lankawoman

Thank you for your review and visiting us. It was a pleasure getting to know you both and making that ring your husband wanted.
We hope that you come to Galle again soon in your journeys.
best wishes

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Irshad at Lihiniya Gems knew what I was looking for and took time to find the exact Saphire I wanted and then put it in a setting of my choice. I only had one more day down in Galle so he rushed the order through then drove to my hotel the next day to make the delivery. Excellent service!

2  Thank PaulnLizzy
Lihiniya G, Manager at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

It was so nice to meet you both and your friends too.
Please keep in touch and do visit us again
Regards
Irshad

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of visiting this family establishment located in the heart of the fort district. Irshad, his father and family really took the time to look after us and assist us with our purchase. Very happy with a wonderful pair of pink sapphires and a beautiful aquamarine, and did not once feel any pressure at all to purchase. Would advise anyone looking to purchase gems in Sri Lanka not to miss this fantastic, highly reputable and trustworthy family business.

3  Thank Wendy M

Thank you Wendy for your kind words and we are sure this will encourage many more travellers to visit our store.
Our business is based and focuses on customer satisfaction and quality. We always strive to give the best in quality and service to our clients.
It was a great journey I would say getting to knowing you and Jon and organising the whole tour for you guys. I hope you have only sweet memories of Sri Lanka and would visit us again.
Please send us pictures of the gemstones once they are set in jewellery back home.
Take care