“Hidden Gem- BEST Rice & Curry in Unawatuna!”

Sri Dhara Tourist Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 134 Restaurants in Galle
Cuisines: Asian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
“Hidden Gem- BEST Rice & Curry in Unawatuna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Sri Dhara is a real hidden gem in Unawatuna- We ate a fabulous dinner last night and couldn't help but return again today for lunch! Although the meals are usually Vegetarian (unless you make a special request), the food is cooked to perfection and will not leave you craving meat at all... I have been eating home cooked SriLankan rice and curry all my life and the food at Sri Dhara gives you a delicious authentic feel for SriLankan cuisine. (Note: For those who don't like spice, when you pre-order your meal you can specify this.) Value for money (much cheaper than all the beach front restaurants) and the best home-made Rice & Curry in Unawatuna. Highly recommend a visit.

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Best food I had all trip (It's in Unawatuna not Galle)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've been in Sri Lanka for a month and this is definitely the best food I've had anywhere. All home cooked and fresh - the owner has a secret recipe/cooking technique that he won't give to anyone.

Hands down the place to eat in Unawatuna and worth visiting the town just for that. It's about halfway between the main road and the beach.

Be aware that you need to give him 2 hours to prepare lunch or dinner!

• Visited January 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sri Lankan home cooked food, vegetarian and medicine food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed in unawatuna for one month! I ended up eating here daily because of the value and quality of the home cooked food! I was on a vegetarian diet for auyervedic treatment reasons and told them what I was and wasn't allowed and they came up with amazing tasting vegetarian options for me! Herbs pittu and Dahl with onion chutney being my favourite, oh and the amount of new vegetables I was introduced to my this lovely family was incredible, many of which are grown in their garden! There are tables and chairs out in the garden or you can eat in the house in a big porch area! Lovely for quiet meals at very cheap prices away from the noisy expensive restaurants!

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great meal (both times)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Sri Dhara was so great that we went back twice - although they only have 4 options (all vegetatian) listed on their board outside if you ask they will make you anything you like (fish/chicken). The food is made fresh to order and there are a couple of tables outside the blue house so you feel like you are part of the family.

The food was not only the best we ate but the price was amazing too! Great value for money.

You have to book and order during the day so make sure to pop down during the day (it is on the corner near Ceylon South and Jina's). We couldn't recommend more!

• Visited March 2013