“Heavenly smell”

Ranked #47 of 143 Restaurants in Galle
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: French, International, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hi We opened this restaurant recently, coming form France. It is located in the Fort of Galle : 3 Parawa Street (a small road off Pedlar street, near the Remparts ; ask for the French Café as many people know. We are open from about 8:30 am till about 10:00 pm (however depending on the season and some special national days off in Srilanka). We work with local products and local young staff we progressively train : it is also our commitment to the country and we do our best with what we find in the place ; we don't pretend anything else. We serve BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, LUNCH, TEA/COFFE TIME, DINER. You will find (all home made in our bakery) : croissants, brioches, lemon and chocolate pies, fresh juices, good espresso and tea, etc..., as well as some typical French dishes as Coq au Vin, Sole fish in Riesling wine sauce.. Also some "family" food as Pasta and Pizzas. We also create new dishes from time to time. PATIO IN THE BACK SIDE, INTERNATIONAL MUSIC, FREE WIFI . Thank you :)
Reviewed 28 June 2014

we were walking down a road when we sniffed the mouth watering smell, discovered from where it originated & had one of the best dishes I've tasted

There are newer reviews for La Clochette Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Don't go there out of saison the food is very bad and not cooked. I ordered the African grilled chicken and ended up with a raw chicken leg my friend asked for a well cooked hamburger and the meat was sloppy and with a bad taste.

4  Thank Keiron13
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were in Galle for 2/3 days in July 2013 and we visited La Clochette 3 times.
The food is amazing. You have to try the owner's chicken sandwich, never before in my life have I had such a wonderful sandwich. Honestly.
Also if you're sick of rice and curry, the hot baguettes for breakfast are just perfect.
And she makes delicious little French sweet treats. I had a delightful chocolate, banana and raspberry tart.

La Clochette remains one of my fondest memories from my time in Sri Lanka. Go there, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We searched a lot for La Clochette but it has shut down at the location on Parawa Street and is moving to a new street.

1  Thank Gaurav A
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you are tired of the rice&curry, you can eat French baguette with French fries.The patio is smart, very quiet and cool.