“Great little place !!!!”
Review of Fort De 19 Villa

Fort De 19 Villa
Ranked #13 of 164 Speciality Lodging in Galle
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Family home,,, great location, clean,, cute room!! We came across it as we were looking ! Family makes yu feel yu are part of their home ! My hubby was not well and mum was very caring !! Thank yu ! Recommended to all experience .

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Clairemercuri

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed in the last room available which was a bit small compared to the two other rooms, especially the toilet, but we did enjoy our stay with this family. The room was very clean with a high ceiling. The location is perfect just by the sea in the fort. Good for sunrise or sunset or watching local young people playing cricket. No breakfast or food were served but we had a nice breakfast in the neighboring hotel Seagreen. The young man Mr.Theekshana who is running this place was pleasant to talk with. He and his family offered us some good advice about the local snacks for sharing with colleagues. While waiting for our car to go to Colombo airport, we were offered fresh coconut juice. The hotel arranged the car for us which was very comfortable with nice English music of the old 60s-80s. The driver was quite professional and nice.

It is quite a small young hotel which just opened for a year, maybe not the best in town, but feels very cosy and homey. Great value for money!

Room Tip: If rates are the same, ask for a bigger room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I just called to make a reservation based on the 20% off rooms from March 1, 2014 to March 31, 2014 for direct bookings. I was quoted prices far higher than what is suggested on trip advisor and when I mentioned the 20% trip advisor special the owner/staff he laughed at me and said that is his rate (6,500lkr) and there are no discounts. When I probed again he didn't seem to know about any trip advisor special let alone the room advertised for only $44 after discount.
When I said , no thank you and he realised I was no longer interested he was quick to say he will give me the rooms for 6000lkr. This is definitely not 20% off 6500lkr.
I suggest if they are going to offer specials particularly for direct bookings they agree to honour that and not make their genuine enquiries/guests feel ridiculed and laugh at them! Highly disappointed as we really wanted to try this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Theeka, Owner at Fort De 19 Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

First of all HONESTLY, i am too really disappointed & humbly apologize for what happened.It was truly a terrible mistake.

Normally as our property is a family running business, i am (Theekshana) the only one who handles each & every bookings,web sites/trip Advisor managements & all other administrative requirements.If i am not there to answer directly,i advised them to ask guests to send en e-mail if it is possible.

So as this is the end of our high season, from 1 st of March i had reduced room prices & i reduced further & given a special discount ONLY FOR TRIP ADVISOR USERS. But on that day only bad thing happened,i was not there in the city & couldn't make them aware about the special discount which i had given to trip advisor customers.
When i heard about the incident, i was so worried but i knew that was my mistake & only mine.

Another important reason was,lack of fluency of their English language & inexperience's. For this 1 year of our business we had given our best for our customers & all i needed their satisfaction. Our status on trip advisor reflects all our efforts.

I’m extremely sorry again & I know that might not be good enough right now & I’ve struggled to find the right words beyond I’m sorry for the disappointment i have created through our reckless conduct.
I truly wish i could have accommodated you & i would love to invite you to my villa again in your next visit to alter your aspects toward us.

yours Sincerely,
Theekshana.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We arrived hot and tired from the train journey from Colombo and were welcomed to this family run spotlessly clean bnb. It is right at the edge of the sea with a fantastic roof terrace. We discussed small improvements with the owners, such as having an illuminated sign outside and a small fridge in the room. But for cleanliness and location next to some lovely well priced restuarants within the Fort walls, it can't be beat. Our hosts even washed and dried our laundry before we moved on - all this for a little over £20 per night! No question I would stay again on a future visit to Galle Fort

Room Tip: One room is at the top of some very tight stairs which would not be ideal for visitors with mobility...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We arrived rather unexpectedly in Galle and were so lucky to get an amazing room in this family-run guesthouse (we first thought we were in Seegreen guesthouse, because it is located just next to it, but we realized we were wrong... for the best!). Our hosts were extremely sweet. The facilities are very clean and we had stunning sunset views from the rooftop. We warmly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was the busy season that I've ask for accommodation all around the fort and finally I found this place, lovely and peaceful, the host was very kind and helpful, the room was superb clean and nice view, will surely recommend this place to my friends.
在旺季到Galle堡找住宿找疯了,问了无数家不是看不上就是客满,最后找到这家真是太满意了,又干净又漂亮,还能看到大海,店主也很热心,有求必应,值得推荐

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here because the guest house next door was full (Seagreen Guest house - recommended by the Lonely Planet) and this homely guest house is quite unassuming as it has no signage and is quite new...but we were so pleasantly surprised. We had a stunning view of the fort walls and fields below with constant cricket games on the go. The family were SO lovely and so kind (especially with our 2year old son - they were quite adoring!) we were SO fortunate to find this place and stayed here for 2 nights. We would recommend this friendly and welcoming guest house for a comfy stay in Galle Fort.

Room Tip: We chose the one in the front of the house with the best view of the green below. Had its own little...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family