“Gorgeous location, comfortable room”
Review of Fort De 19 Villa

Fort De 19 Villa
Ranked #12 of 165 Speciality Lodging in Galle
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a lovely room wtih a balcony over looking the fort ramparts. Perfect for watching the sunset and the locals playing cricket late afternoon. Comfortable bed, fan, aircon and good bathroom. It was clean, bright and quiet. The manager and his father (?) were very friendly and helpful. No breakfast, but there are plenty of places nearby you can go to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ramparts.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights as part of our honeymoon trip around Sri Lanka. We really weren't sure what to expect as there are so few pictures of this place, but we arrived and were so so pleased with it. The family who run the place are totally lovely! The son speaks perfect English which is really helpful. Our room was really great as well. A nice big bed with mosquito nets for night time. Good aircon and fan. Bathroom was big and clean. They also have a verandah to sit on which has lovely views of the sea and a perfect spot to watch the sun set. The location of this place is great, I really recommend if you're going to Galle to stay inside the Fort rather than places outside the walls. And I also recommend that you stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at Fort de 19 villa for 5 nights and it was great. The family are very kind and lovely and nothing is a problem for them. The room was very comfortable and the views from the verandah out to the fort wall were impressive. The location is very good. The restaurant next door makes the best breakfasts and dinners in the whole of Sri Lanka. We were made to feel very welcome and we were sad to say goodbye to our hosts which were so accommodating. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The front room with the balcony is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Skwarnes
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We loved our time at Theekshana's place. The room was private with aircon, fan, mosquito net and a nice balcony where you could look out over the fort walls and catch a glimpse of the sea. Very quiet place but you can reach everywhere in the fort by foot.
There was the faintest smell in the bathroom, but it seemed to be coming from the drains as it was otherwise spotlessly clean.
Theekshana was very warm and welcoming and we would stay here again in a flash.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony, which was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikkeli G
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a lovely two-night stay at Fort De 19. The room is clean and comfortable with balcony to see the sunset. It also comes with adapter for you to charge your equipments which I know it's little detail but it does give an impression. The guesthouse also has wifi but we didn't use it as we wanted to 'switch off' during holiday. Theekshana and his family were ever so helpful. They just started the business and at the moment can only offer three rooms with the plan to build another three. So better call a bit in advance.

Room Tip: we love the room with balcony overlooking the fort
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed in Fort de 19 for only one night at the end of my solo trip around Sri Lanka this Febraury.Si I make this review after staying in ten or more places in the country. I booked only a couple of days before, so I got the smallest room in the house. But the bed was new and very comfortable, linen of good quality, a good window, so good day light.
Theekshana the elder son in charge kept my luggage until the time of my departure and even lend me their own family bathroom to take a shower.. He also helped me with the buses schedules to Colombo, and as I was flighting at 4 am the next day, he also arranged for a taxi to pick me up at the bus station and drop me at the airport. I did this final trip at night, with all my luggage and alone, so due to his help I did it safely and calmly. He even called the taxi driver to check whether the plan worked. I also could hear his mother's expression of relief at the other end of the line.
Theekshana and his family worked with care and attention, giving a personalised service, without being pushing. Thank you very much! Fort de 19 is a very well located, clean, comfortable, quiet place from where to reach all fort area by foot.

A recommendation for the small room:I would change the door of the toilet , as it does not keep open by itself, the bathroom lack air and can be suffocating in Galle's heat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were the guests of Fort De 19 Villa. It left us a wonderful impression for their service and attitude. Since it was the first time we've been the fort . The hospitable master helped us a lot and gave us numorous imformation about the fort. Besides that, Their rooms are brand-new and with all the equipments.
If you are looking for a place to stay in fort, I highly recommand this villa. Not only because of the beautiful room and great location, but also the best service and the reasonable price.

Room Tip: all the room are clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends