“Colourful, charming, warm & engaging host!”
Review of Kikili House

Kikili House
Ranked #12 of 125 Galle B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Colourful, charming, warm & engaging host!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Kikili House is set on a hill about 15 minutes walk from Galle Fort and is a cosy, colourful wonderful retreat. Henri is the most magnificent host, and Kikili House reflects her warm vibrant personality. Nothing is too much trouble and I was welcomed warmly. The house was full of lovely guests and I ended up being part of a yoga retreat that was unexpected and delightful. Fantastic place and I can't recommend it highly enough. My room was clean, comfortable and vibrant!

1 Thank JuliaRussell
Henri T, Marketing Assistant at Kikili House, responded to this review, 26 March 2015
Thank you for your review, it is lovely to hear your recommendation. We always want to give guests a special stay at Kikili and we try to help in any way to make you happy and comfortable here. We are pleased to hear you had such a nice time with us and we will warmly welcome you back so do come again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Absolutely lovely place we immediately felt at home. We spent 5 nights there and would have happily stayed longer. Loved our very attractive and comfortable room and really appreciated all the generous and thoughtful touches which went to make our stay so enjoyable. Very kind and considerate staff, nothing was too much trouble, delicious breakfasts in the pretty garden. Easy access into the centre of Galle help with planning our travels round Sri Lanka all in all a perfect start to our holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank prudence s
It's great to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us! Our situation is ideal to explore Galle and all it has to offer as well as the surrounding area in Sri Lanka. We always want to help our guests in any way we can so we are ever so pleased that you had a great time! We are glad you found the food delicious, we think scrummy food is a must wherever you stay! Do come back to see us soon!
Galle, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Spent last weekend at Kikili House and was there for their 'Visiting Chef' night - what a total joy!

The food that night was Indian cooked by 'Irish Eric' - more than a dozen d(el)ishes over four course: absolutely divine - particularly the lamb curry which had been marinading for 24 hours. I have also been to their 'Secret Sushi' night and for a few other meals - the food at Kikili is always amazing and the atmosphere exceedingly convivial. Interesting people + fabulous food + great bar = unforgettable night.

The room was as colourful and charming as our host, the delightful Henri, our host and proprietress. Bathroom was clean and modern with luxury soap / shampoo etc... The whole place is a magic multicolour world where fun is threatening to break out at any moment - it is a house of happiness - go if you can, the welcome is like coming home.

Room Tip: the corner room overlooking the terrace is the largest, other rooms are still a v decent size.
1 Thank KambingLibre
Thank you for your review! Unforgettable, great experiences is exactly what we love to give. We try to offer wonderful food and a luxury stay here at the house. We do hope you can stay with us again soon!
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is the perfect place to stat in Galle if you are looking for high style, 5 star attention and reasonable prices. It was right in the middle of the town and close to everything. A total joy to stay in and the staff were wonderful. Each morning we discussed our plans for the day and whatever was need appeared and got arranged.
A perfect stay in a stunning gem of a house.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Worboxor
Thank you for staying with us, great to hear that everything was as you wished. 'A total joy' is a lovely way to describe your stay. It was a total joy to have you with us also! Do come again soon.
London, UK
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Owners Hen and Koki have infused their lovely guesthouse with a special kind of magic that will help make your stay in Sri Lanka a very memorable one for all the right reasons. I only had the pleasure of staying there for one night but would happily return and stay for the duration of any future trips to Galle. Colourfully decorated, Kikili is a feast for the eyes reflecting the wonderful vitality of Sri Lanka, but at the same time it’s a soothing haven of tranquillity. Within an hour of arriving I was contentedly nodding off over a good read in the book-lined lounge. The house feels homely enough to put you instantly at ease, helped by the relaxed warmth of Hen and Koki. Yet it also has oodles of style and is full of thoughtful and luxurious touches that will leave you feeling way more pampered than you would in your average guesthouse. Among other sweet features my room had padded hangers, Kikili bathrobes, good quality toiletries in the lovely en suite shower room, a very lovely sunhat and beachbag with beach towel, or fluffy blanket for my use (see pics), and a copy of Vogue. Plus the sunny terraces, beautiful sunny little garden, sunny hosts, and sunny staff all make Kikili a very bright and happy place to stay. I was also fortunate enough to experience one of Kikili's events on the evening of my stay - a Bollywood themed dinner party with delicious Indian banquet by a great guest chef, and incredible attention to detail in the fabulously vibrant décor (pic). I can’t wait to go back.

1 Thank SpillTheBeans75
We hope to see you again very soon here at Kikili House. We are delighted we made you feel at home here. It's the small details that make all the difference when you are away from home, especially in another country! The dinner party was a fabulous night, made even more special by the guests that we had present. Thank you for all your comments, we love to give our guests and happy and warm experience here.
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I had the recent joy of staying at Kikili House and just being one of the Family. Henri and her staff are inclusive, yet have the ability to leave guests to their own. the rooms are very pleasant, I stayed in a double and while lovely for one person, would of been a bit squeezy for two. so ask for a larger room as they have them. there is no pool and the 90+% humidity would of made my stay perfect. We had western and traditional breakfast. Staying in a B&B was not my first choice, but I would thoroughly recommend it, we found out more about the local goings on, we had wonderful and interesting guests there. I am going back again in January and will definately stay with Henri and the team again. Close to the city centre in Galle, pick up plenty of spices and tea!!
Kilkili thanks for your kindness and see you in January. !!!! room pricing a little high for May.

Room Tip: If there are more than one of you, ask for a larger room. they have two that are quite spacious. I s...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny B
We were so pleased to see you again when you came back to us! It was a pleasure to have your company here again with us at Kikili House. Idealy it would be fabulous to have a pool however our hideaway here doesnt quite accommodate it, we hope you still found some lovely tranquility and restbite in the shade of the garden and in the wonderfully furnished house. Our rooms here vary in size and we will always try to accommodate the guests wishes. We are thrilled you enjoyed spending your time here with us. See you again soon hopefully!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had my best first solo travel experience at Kikilli.. not used to travelling "a la just one", I felt at home instantly.. Loved the colourful, warm interiors, my 4 poster private ensuite room, the generous breakfasts, no time restrictions and the ease of the proprietors and other guests. I had massages recommended, a pool for my daily laps and transport to various local beaches organised swiftly.. I'd done no planning, except to book my flight & a few nights to start at Kikilli... I joined in with other passing visitors at the house so had company for dinner & drinks, a private yoga lesson on the roof terrace & everything organised without a glitch. I extended my initial three night stay to a whole week before heading inland.. Galle is gorgeous and for me Kikilli became a home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Guljeet
It's great to hear you made the most of your time here and you felt so at home with us. We welcome solo travellers as well as groups and couples. We always try to help you to feel at home here and find your feet in Galle and the surrounding area. Anything we can do, just ask! Do come to join us again soon and let us help you to organise some more trips and activities!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galle
Jetwing Lighthouse
#1 of 23 in Galle
Mango House
Mango House
#3 of 125 in Galle

Been to Kikili House? Share your experiences!