“Best coffee in Sri Lanka....probably?”
Review of Il Gelato

Il Gelato
Ranked #5 of 8 Dessert in Galle
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great find in the heart of Galle. Friendly staff an great coffee and homemade ice cream. Would go back.

1  Thank English_Expat_Family

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The ice cream in this place is good but not as good as we have in Italy. As we found out later, the owner of this place is an italian guy. We ve been yesterday and we bought 2 ice creams, each one with 2 different tastes and we paid 880 Rs which is SO EXPENSIVE for Sri Lanka prices. It has the same price as in Italy, just that in Sri Lanka with 880Rs you eat a dinner!!
I do not recommand this because if the prices they have..because you can eat a good ice cream in a normal restaurant for a much lower price like 150-200Rs.
In any case, never back again :) Grazie

Reviewed 16 October 2013

popped in here for an ice gream which was lovely, also had the best coffee i drank in sri lanka, air conditioned and very comfortable.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

The best ice cream in Sri Lanka.
Italian pure taste with local ingredients.
In this Galle outlet you can have it from breakfast till late night,
They have also very good pizzas and fresh juices for a perfect lunch.
I'm going there every day!!

1  Thank mauriziomalinverni
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I recently tried this new Gelato place out in the fort and it rocks!

A constant selection of nearly 30 flavours, all of which taste great ( I know because I sampled all of them) I recommend the 90% belgian chocolate one! Seriously 90%!

It is well managed by a Sri lankan who has lived in Italy. He had just recived a decent imported expresso machine the day I popped in and was keen to try it out on me. I had an expresso served over vanilla ice cream. Good choice!

All in all a good value experience that I happily recomend.

2  Thank malcoski