“Simply Great”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply Great”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I was in Galle Fort for the last part of my trip before heading to the airport. I needed some trinkets to bring back to the UK and naturally found myself on trip advisor looking for a decent place to go.

I have to say that Gecko is a great store, it is not pushy and is very reasonably priced. The guy who runs it gave my brother and I all the information we needed. He was polite and attentive without being pressurising. I would certainly recommend Gecko to anyone in Galle looking for souvenirs to bring home.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“No hassling, haggling or bargaining! Great prices too!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

All the usual souvenirs are here but this time they have price tags. The pricing is fair and fixed so you don't need to mess around with all that horrible haggling. The owner is a very personable, relaxed guy who will not stalk you around the shop or try to pressure you but will offer useful information and advice on each item. Perfect spot to stock up on your cheesy gifts.

Visited January 2014
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Favourite shop in Galle”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stumbled in to Gekko as we were staying on Pedlar street and ended up staying a long time, chatting to the staff member and returning on our last day to pick up more things. The shop in new, prices are reasonable and fair, they sales staff are not pushy at all, they are happy to chat and let you take your time. We bought some amazing big inscent sticks that the staff at Gekko said would last for a very long time. Indeed, he was right, we burn them only for about half an hour and the beautiful smell remains in our house. We returned to buy more as we realised how beautifully they smelled. We also bought a beautiful sarong which was great quality and cheap compared to other shops. Finally, we bought a hand-made card by an artist that the shop staff knows. It is beautiful and was very cheap for the work that had gone into making it. All in all, lovely little shop!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kasia K
Honolulu, Hawaii
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Reasonably priced inside the forte”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Prices in the forte are very touristy - this Gekko is quite reasonable. I also like how everything is clearly marked and priced, no pushy sales pitch, relaxed environment. A good selection of small silver jewelries that won't break the bank. Manager was very friendly.

1 Thank echoytx
Bronx, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very nice souvenir store!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Really good collection of handicrafts, tea, jewelry and books. The customer service is really good. The owner at the shop will take time and explain you each and every tea brand and also put forward really nice suggestions which are not biased towards his personal profits. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Galle to make a 5-10 min stop at this nice little store. You wont be disappointed.

Visited September 2013