Galle Fort Hotel
Fort Inn Guest House(Galle)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$93
Agoda.com
US$201
Hotels.com
All reviewsloft suitegrand apartmentgarden roommanager davidgalle fortsri lankaswimming poolgeneral managerbeautiful hotelcentral courtyardthe ground floorrotihistoric buildingshower roomfrangipani treeswalking tourfour poster bed
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed at this boutique hotel for 5 nights after a rather hectic tour of Sri Lanka. And it was pure heaven! At first, I was rather put off, with no TV in the room!! I was reassured by the charming manager/host, Oliver, that such trifles would not trouble me once I was in the swing of my stay in Galle. How right he was! I ate 5 star meals at the elegant in-house restaurant, drank cocktails at the bar and relaxed by the gorgeous pool! My stay at the Galle Forte Hotel was a restful, air conditioned haven in this fascinating fort city, Galle. A fitting end to my wonderful trip through vibrant and colourful Srilanka. Thanks for the memories Oliver, one of my most pleasant hotel stays ever! Regards, Penny jansen

Room Tip: The rooms were all very comfortable. I was on the ground floor and did NOT hear footsteps, or anything else, overhead! The beds wonderful as you'd expect in this 5 star award winning hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed in the Galle Fort hotel for 1 night after a week of beach life in Hikkaduwa. It was amazing. From the very warm welcome when we arrived to the little gift when we departed, everything in this hotel was first class. We enjoyed many cocktails while having a swim that were full of kick! just what Irish people want when sipping a cocktail. We enjoyed a 3 course meal in the hotel after enjoying a day of walking the old fort. Highly recommended to all kinds of travellers!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Excellent boutique hotel in Galle. Rooms are amazing and clean, each room in different and uniquely decorated. Mine was just in front of the amazing swimming pool. The only problem was the bathroom was actually outside the room (but connected, of course), which was beautiful but problematic when it rained. Food is great and it is worth having dinner there. Staff is very friendly and speaks very good English. Location is also great. Everything was perfect and luxurious. I would definitely go back there. Perfect place for honeymoons and romantic trips in general.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The hotel is stunning. It’s been beautifully renovated and is one of the most beautiful hotels in the historic Galle Fort. With that said the room we were first shown to smelt clammy, something that seemed to be a problem with quite a few of the rooms. However, the management kindly and immediately upgraded us to another room.

The lunch was fantastic – in particular the club sandwich and Salad Nicoise, which are probably the best I’ve ever had.

Overall it’s a lovely hotel, but a little pricy.

Room Tip: Avoid the Garden Rooms as they can be a bit smelly
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann_TheWanderer
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Galle Fort Hotel was definitely one of the best experiences I has in Sri Lanka. Went there with my husband and a couple of friends, and could not have enjoyed more the experience. The rooms are amazing decorated, the pool is beautiful, the food was delicious. I still dream with the banana cake for breakfast. The real star of the hotel, though, was the amazingly attentive service. I felt sick one day, and my husband asked the manager where was the closest pharmacy. Not only the hotel bought me all the medications and the thermometer, but also offered to make me a special dinner, for me to feel better. A real special place!

Room Tip: The Porcelain Room was spetacular.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends