The most beautiful place I've ever been to. The gardens are what I'd expect Eden to be like. Accommodating to all sorts of travelers. Staff were VERY helpful, rooms come with booklets advising what to do to maximize your stay. Pool was perfect and kept clean. Furniture is a little old however, it adds to the overall charm of this historic estate, rooms are kept very clean. Close to Galle Fort (15 min drive away via tuk tuk) and equally as close to the beach. Wifi was available at some areas of the house, but not as strong in the gardens.
- Families looking to spend wholesome time together
- Nature lovers
- Bird watchers
- Authors or artist in need of inspiration
- Foodies (all dishes made with ingredients grown in the hotel's gardens along with the freshest seafood imaginable.)
- Basically, everyone.
I can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A villa hideaway with five suites set in 12 acres of garden and ponds. A luxury that our guests can discern on arrival. Only 15 minutes from Galle town, going to Illuketia is a return to nature and plantation lifestyle. The splendid mansion with original wooden temple doors, carved window frames and Oriental-style furniture is drawn out of a traveller's journal. A swimming pool in the far end of a lush garden allows a dip while watching birds and monkeys at close range. Three differently styled bedrooms are placed around a courtyard fish pond in the main house and two other suites are located in a separate Pond House. Each room varies in size and outlook, with its own walk-in wardrobe, sitting area indoor or outdoor. The Hibiscus Suite is considered the master room with a long private balcony lined with cushions and facing tall jack trees and rice fields. There is a separate walk-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom. The Lotus Suite is aligned long and spacious with a walk-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom. Windows look out to a water channel and flowering trees. The Citronella Suite is cozy and comes with a dining table and chairs in a private open-air verandah. It has its own wardrobe and en-suite bathrooms. All rooms are air-conditioned with additional ceiling fans and power points. The villa serves organic rice from its own rice fields, fruit, herbs and vegetables from the garden. Apa Villa's Sri Lankan Curry Rijstafel Dinner is all-time favourite among guests.. Apart from this, there is All Day menu of snacks, light meals and tea service. Evening meals are from an A La Carte with our stewards serving in the traditional sarong and tunic outfits. Booking for long-term of Pond House and whole villa welcomed. Illuketia and its grounds is ideal for weddings, anniversaries and birthday celebrations or groups with special interests like bird-watching, workshops, mahjong, painting and photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apa Villa Illuketia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apa Villa Illuketia Hotel Galle
- Apa Hotel Illuketia