“Best place to stay!”

Beach Haven Guest House
Ranked #13 of 153 Galle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am also a student who spent five weeks at this guesthouse during my elective. From the first moment on it felt like home. My flight was late but the family opened the door in the middle of the night, offered me some water and food and gave me a hearty welcome. If you have any questions, they are always friendly and helpful. I will miss them very much! Besides they have a fast laundry service and offer a rich breakfast. Once Shiromi cooked rice and curry for us which was so delicious! They keep the house very clean and you can choose between AC and non AC rooms and also you can decide if you pay a little bit more to have a room upstairs (which I recommend). There you have a beautiful balcony and a lounge with fridge, water boiler and fast WiFi. It is also nice because you can meet other students or travellers there. This guesthouse is located in the Fort which is a safe and peaceful place and it is a great location to go on a trip. I had a wonderful time at Beach Haven Guesthouse!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank julia456

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on our last day in Sri Lanka. Lovely rooms, clean, clean bedding and comfy beds. Clean bathrooms and hot water at all times of the day. Only thing I didn't like so much was the lack of privacy as all the rooms are connected and have holes at the top so almost connected.
Good value, and very close to the fort would recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

After reading reviwes we decide go for Beach Haven.Location is great, everything is close by walk u don't need a tuk-tuk.But I don't know why our room num. 5 there was something wrong....very but odour, A/C didn't work properly so nights where nighmare...view from room zero.
So we decide to leave eirlier.Probably we just wasn't lucky one:-)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This long-standing guesthouse is very clean and set up to offer some home comforts such as a lounge for guests, a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Right in the middle of the fort, the guesthouse has fan or aircon rooms; the upstairs rooms were brighter and airier (and the only ones with optional AC) but the downstairs rooms were also very comfortable. Very friendly and helpful owner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here for six weeks during my medical electives and had a great time. The price is good, I enjoyed breakfast and it is a very sociable place. Plus, it is located in the heart of the fort in a very nice neighborhood.
My room was one of the older ones but still nice and comfortable. The owner, Sita, is a lovely woman who even took care of me while I was sick. Thanks again for that!
They offer a laundry service and call Tuk-Tuk drivers for you so you don't have to worry about paying too much.
I would always recommend this place, thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Throughout my solo backpacking journey around Sri Lanka I was struck by the hospitality of the people. The most notable example is that of Beach Haven owner Sita Wijenayake. The guest house is clean and great value but it is the kindness of Sita and family that made my stay here during July 2013 so memorable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Clean large room with air conditioning that offered good value for money, galle is small so glad I didn't pay extra at a different hotel for a view as you can get to some great spots from here. We didn't pay the extra for breakfast but I wish we had as the the lavazza round the corner that lured us in was truly awful!
Very friendly family and a sociable vibe with other guests

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple