Golden Star Beach Hotel
Royal Castle(Negombo)
US$51
US$49
US$160
All reviewsnice hotela sea view roompool barwater pressurebuffet breakfastnice beach
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is my fourth time at Golden Star and i really enjoying to stay here during my vacation. I don't understand the bad reviews that the pool is not clean or that the workers there are not friendly, and over and over..
Every single time i feel warm welcomed and me and the workers are almost as friends. The pool is big and fresh, and same with the beach and the ocean. Golden has sunbeds on the beach and the palmtrees gives shadows and that makes the hotel so special! Aslo you can enjoy with sport-activities like badminton, volliball and other games. Very fun!
At the moment they are painting the walls of the hotel, and it makes the hotel look newer and more fresh.
It's a very good place to stay in and it's around 15 minutes from the airport. I will come back again! :D

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Emilia G
Reviewed 5 November 2013

this was a lovely hotel with a lovely beach. i really enjoyed my stay at your hotel. very clean beach :) the staff were very kind and smiling. me and my husband were warmly welcomed by the beautiful people at the front desk. they were very helpful as well. the breakfast was very delicious i must say. and quick service at the restaurant. our room was very clean and was with a nice view. this was my first stay at your hotel but my 3rd visit to sri Lanka. i'm touched :) so i will definitely come back to your hotel. i recommend this hotel to my friends who are waiting to visit sri lanka and to everybody who is planning to have a pleasant stay :)

Room Tip: nice view from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The hotel was booked by our travel agent and was assured that it was good. We arrived here around 8pm, raining, tired from our long journey from Kandy to Colombo, then here (Negombo). The reception looks very welcome. The family room was not what we expected, not refurbished room as told by the agent, rather small, aircondition not working, cockroaches, rude staff. We requested to change our room, after more than an hour of arguing and yelling at each other we were given another room which was a little bit better only. Breakfast was not great at all. Even though the location is good, I will not come back here anymore!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just stayed overnight because it was close to the airport. Seems like a place that attracts young low budget travelers. There was a bit a noise in my hallway past midnight. The bathroom was in bad shape; really needed a face lift. I think it is an overpriced 2 star hotel posing as a 3 star on the different travel sites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ciararivera
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hotel is on sprawling grounds. Nice swimming pool. Rooms are big. A sofa settee would increase the room comfort. Refrigerator needs to clean and change. Bathroom is small.
Excess luggage was collected and found intact. :)
Breakfast buffet was nice and had a nice variety of choices.
The beach is beside the hotel. Some restaurants nearby (Hotel is in Lewis Place). More restaurants on Beach Road.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo