We stayed at Marine Tourist Guest House in Negombo the first and the last two nights of our stay in Sri Lanka. We got the room No.8. It was very clean, got a big and comfy bed with mosquito net, a balcony, a fridge to cool beer :-) and A/C but no hot water in the bathroom. And free of insects or other animals! We were happy with the place.
We think, however, that it was a bit overpriced - RP 5000 for the Room/night without breakfast and the breakfast was little for the price (RP 400). The staff was very helpful if we had questions and did not try to sell anything, we did not ask for. And the bike rental of the Guest House is a good deal (RP 250 / all day ).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marine Tourist Guest House in Negombo. Our budget Guest house ,hotel is located 100 m away from Negombo beach. The Marine Tourist Guest House of Negombo is in the Negombo tourism resort. If you are looking for the ideal home-away-from-home accommodation, Marine is the ideal place. Situated in a peaceful environment and just minutes from the Colombo airport, Marine Tourist Guest House is the place for you. Largest, cleanest budget guest rooms in Negombo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marine Tourist Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marine Tourist Guest House Hotel Negombo
- Marine Tourist Guest House Sri Lanka/Negombo