I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of my holiday and 1 at the end. I opted for the dorm room (4 beds). I slept well and the room and toilets were clean. The location is great for both Negombo and the airport although Negombo beach is a bit dirty and the area itself isn't all that with quite a bit of hassle from tuktuk drivers and restaurant and shop owners.
However ideal for the start and end of your holiday. You can buy a pool ticket at the Golden Star hotel across the road for 500 rupees (£2.50) which gets you access to their pool and sun-loungers on the beach. There's a neat restaurant next door called Sea Joy and the staff at the guest house are very friendly. All in all would recommend and will stay there again when I return to lovely Lanka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Marine Tourist Guest House in Negombo. Our budget Guest house ,hotel is located 100 m away from Negombo beach. The Marine Tourist Guest House of Negombo is in the Negombo tourism resort. If you are looking for the ideal home-away-from-home accommodation, Marine is the ideal place. Situated in a peaceful environment and just minutes from the Colombo airport, Marine Tourist Guest House is the place for you. Largest, cleanest budget guest rooms in Negombo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marine Tourist Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marine Tourist Guest House Hotel Negombo
- Marine Tourist Guest House Sri Lanka/Negombo