“Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!”

Paradise Beach Hotel
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Supernice hotel with the most friendly staff I have ever met!!! The service is really something out of the ordinary at this hotel! Just ask for what you whant and they will try and fix it for you! Always trying to complie your requests.
We stayed for 8 days during which time we really got to know the staff and the managment. The hotel is clean and well taken care of and it will be even nicer after the renovation.
We travelled with our two daughters, 11 and 13, and they both loved this hotel with the friendly staff and great location.
For the excurtions we got help from a tuktuk-driver, empoyed by the hotel and we really got service and help even from him! He showed us nice quality shopping, took us to the zoo and showed us temples and churches. In a buddist temple he arrange for one of the munks to give us a private tour.
Our hole family can really recommend this hotel!

4  Thank Sara G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We visited this hotel in 2013 as base to discover Sri Lanka for 5 days on way to maldives, we were not disappointed and loved Sri Lanka so much we returned in April 2014 taking our 10 year old daughter this time. Yes the hotel is a little dated but we had no reason at all to complain (unlike another higher graded hotel on our same trip) everything else was perfect. Staff are very friendly and pool area very good, and not busy which is what we like . My daughter loved the pool! The food in the main restaurant is very much local but that's ok , we are in Sri Lanka after all. My daughter is a very fussy eater so that was a little problem to us, however the bar area did serve snacks which were a little more European , I can't remember the name of the bar attender in that bar but he was very nice and I'm sure he will remember us as we (and our Sri Lankan friend) were always the last out both years!. The beach is not the best, a lot of litter, but if like us and in Sri Lanka for the amazing culture you will not be worried by this.. We are very much looking forward to returning in 2015 when we believe there may have been some improvement to the rooms.

1  Thank Sharonr102
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the last night of our holiday to be close enough to the airport. First impressions upon arrival was not great as the hotel looks old and dated from the outside. Staff are reasonably friendly. Rooms are in need of refurbishment and appear to be quite worn out and tired. Bathroom was not that pleasant. I think most of the rooms overlook the pool area. The room was quite noisy during the night with noise coming in from the corridor. The hotel offers a dinner buffet in the evening which lacked choice. Hotel is located on the beach although this was not one of the nicer beaches we had been to in Sri Lanka. Overall an ok place to stay if it's just for 1 night for proximity to the airport although there seemed to be plenty of other hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed one night at end of holiday and the hotel was adequate and well positioned for the airport nod the beach. The pool was very good but with little shade and a lot of crows drinking the water it wasn't always that inviting. Food was good but it was canteen style and the selection was adequate but all local fayre. Not sure how people stay here for more than a night or two as other parts of Sri Lanka have more to offer. Good to see that a hotel is prepared to refurbish before it becomes too tired!! Would try again if ever returned.

Room Tip: Room 101 was easy to access and well situated though you couldn't see the sea.
1  Thank Familyinruins
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights before starting a tour, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food from the restaurant was very good during all meals.

We asked to be moved from our first room as the door to the balcony did not lock and almost all the furniture was damaged. Our second room was a little better but not much. The pool area was tired and needs to be painted and re-tiled as well as weeds removing from between the tiles.

The quality of the staff made up for the decor and I am sure when a refurbishment is completed this hotel will receive far more favorable reviews. If visiting Negombo again I would put up with the room quality and stay at this hotel again based on the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms they display pictures off in reception.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank walts82
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Old and very tired hotel.

Check in very cold, staff not welcoming, I guess they are tired working in such a tired environment...

Rooms need an urgent urgent URGENT refurb !!! The wooden tiles came off the floor in my room, the bed was not comfortable, smelly and the not clean. Very filthy.

Pool area very small and 80's style. Sun lounges old and dirty. Food and drinks overpriced.

I heard they will start renovating the place soon...please start today, because I felt ripped off paying 75$ for a night !!!

Never again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tobi1985
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Paradise for 10 days and the staff made my stay very pleasant, The hotel is on the beach, not the best beach in Sri Lanka, I agree but the sunset is beautiful. The pool is very pleasant and will be even better when they replace the surrounding tiles which are a little uneven at present.
The rooms will be refurbished in May and will be very nice with a fridge, flat screen TV and a nice bathroom. I saw one during my stay and I was impressed. Try to book the east side and the 2nd or 3rd floor for a perfect seaview. One problem was that the AC unit on the balcony made it very hot to sit there unless you turned off the AC before venturing out.
The hotel is nicely situated amoungst restaurants and shops in the main street.
The food was good enough for breakfast but I cannot comment on dinner as I only tried the restaurant once.
A lot of guests seem to use the hotel at the end of a tour as it is so near the airport but I met 2 couples who stay there 3 times a year for a month at the time and who seem to be part of the family.
The best thing is the staff, the reception and restaurant staff specially. Dilshan at reception answered my many queries with a smile and the front office manager took me personally to the doctor when I felt ill, a visit organised by the manager Mr. Croos with a half hour notice.
I look forward to my next visit next year when the hotel has been refurbished. Hopefully the restaurant staff will have perfected their French by then, they were trying very hard to learn new phrases everyday.

Room Tip: East side 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo